Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2024)

This is a thread strictly for short announcements of new or updated software.
If you find problems with the presented software or encounter any other issues, please open a new specfic topic to avoid derailing this thread.

These topics are a yearly installment to avoid one very long mega-thread.

Past announcements:

7 Likes

First entry of the year:

KeyCursor is a little input_server addon that lets you control the mouse with the keyboard, and it just got an update to v1.2. Its preferences got a little spruce up, a Deskbar replicant was addded as on/off indicator, and it now has a nice vector icon. Look:

screenshot

14 Likes

Hi Humdinger. Does this mouse->keyboard tool allow simulating right mouse button? The reason I ask is that on a MacBook Pro trackpad, only a single button is registered. Some Haiku apps (eg Tracker, even Medo) allow Ctrl-click to be interpreted as right click, so these apps are fully usable, but most ported apps would lack this feature. A input server add-on can nicely provide this feature.

Shift+SpaceBar acts as “right-click” on KeyCursor.

CudaText updated to 1.206.5.0 :slight_smile:

Also landed in the depot, Akregator (feed reader):

8 Likes

If you configure a mouse as 1button this should happen on an OS level. Not sure if touchpads count? We could add this for all mice per default though.

You can set your mouse to be a 1 button mouse in Input prefs and this will make Ctrl+click act like right-click everywhere. Setting to 1-button mouse doesn’t disable the other buttons. But if you really are on a 1-button mouse this allows you to be able to emulate right-click when you need to. Tracker always responds to Ctrl+click as right click but that’s a special used just by Tracker.

2 Likes

I decided to play with this app and it has an issue with the SPACE or SHIFT + SPACE keystrokes not doing what the app claims it should do. I don’t see the issue raised on GitHub. Maybe no one else is expriencing this issue?

Tried on x64 nightly. if you try right after install, everything works except clicks emulation. Once you reboot, they also work.

I’ve been un/installing the thing many dozens of times in the past weeks and it always worked right from the start. If the issue persists, please file an issue at its bugtracker.

1 Like

The reboot of Haiku did the trick. Want me to file an issue knowing that?

You could do that, but I have no idea what could be going wrong. All key input is processed by the same device filter. That the cursor keys work to move the pointer, but the ENTER SPACE key isn’t sounds mystifying.

Done! → "Hit SPACE for a left-click, SHIFT+SPACE for a right-click" do not work initially after install · Issue #11 · HaikuArchives/KeyCursor · GitHub

1 Like

New one RKWard, a IDE for the R language

4 Likes

Updated:
agar with a revision bump, @tsesani reported this was broken, with a golden tip from @PulkoMandy I was able to fix the build and even made a first check with a simple “Hello World!” script presented by @tsesani and after investigating even was able to run some of the included test binary.

FLTk, changed build system to cmake to accomodate a different project, bumped version to the latest 1.3.9 version, some checks done with tuxpaint-config, dillo-plus (both already available in the depot) and checked a build for htmldoc.

5 Likes

I see, actually it is for x86 only …

not for x86_64 as well

~> pkgman search fltk
Status  Name               Description                                                                            
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S       dillo_plus         A small, fast graphical web browser built on FLTK                                      
        dillo_plus_source  A small, fast graphical web browser built on FLTK (source files)                       
S       fltk               A cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for X11, MS Windows, OSX and Haiku                    
        fltk_debuginfo     A cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for X11, MS Windows, OSX and Haiku (debug info)       
        fltk_devel         A cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for X11, MS Windows, OSX and Haiku (development files)
        fltk_source        A cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit for X11, MS Windows, OSX and Haiku (source files)     
~> ls -l /boot/system/packages/fltk*
-rw-r--r-- 1 user root 668735 dec.    6 23:55 /boot/system/packages/fltk-1.3.8-1-x86_64.hpkg
~> pkgman update fltk
100% repochecksum-1 [65 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (BeSly Software Solutions)...done.
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (FatElk_64)...done.
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (Haiku)...done.
100% repochecksum-1 [64 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (HaikuPorts)...done.
100% repochecksum-1 [71 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (LOTE)...done.
Nothing to do.
~> 

For 32bit it’s secondary architecture only, for 64bit it’s primary, and yes it is there, but buildmaster is down for a while again on 64bit so it’s not in the depot yet.

EDIT

~> ls -l /system/packages/fltk*
-rw-r--r-- 1 user root 8745327 jan.  9 16:42 /system/packages/fltk_devel-1.3.9-1-x86_64.hpkg
-rw-r--r-- 1 user root  746286 jan.  9 16:07 /system/packages/fltk-1.3.9-1-x86_64.hpkg
1 Like

Understood, thanks.
I’m just installed dillo plus earlier - this way intrigued.

Is FLTK OpenGL demo functional?

OpenGL is disabled as it crashes, so No :slight_smile:

1 Like