Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2024)

FLTK update is available for Haiku 64 bit as well :

~> pkgman update fltk
100% repochecksum-1 [65 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (BeSly Software Solutions)...done.
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (FatElk_64)...done.
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (Haiku)...done.
100% repocache-2 [2.38 KiB]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (Haiku)...done.
100% repochecksum-1 [64 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (HaikuPorts)...done.
100% repocache-2 [1.84 MiB]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (HaikuPorts)...done.
100% repochecksum-1 [71 bájt]
Ellenőrzőkód érvényesítése a tárolóhoz (LOTE)...done.
The following changes will be made:
  in system:
    upgrade package fltk-1.3.8-1 to 1.3.9-1 from repository HaikuPorts
Continue? [yes/no] (yes) : 
100% fltk-1.3.9-1-x86_64.hpkg [724.02 KiB]
Validating checksum for https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/r1beta4/x86_64/current/packages/fltk-1.3.9-1-x86_64.hpkg...done.
[system] Applying changes ...
[system] Changes applied. Old activation state backed up in "state_2024-01-11_16:22:44"
[system] Cleaning up ...
[system] Done.
~> 

Although HaikuDepot still does not enlist on the page for a search only the previous version.
I assume it should be refreshed somehow by a script or scheduled event that probably still not launched towards Haikuports (64.bit ?) repo(s?).

Anyway - with pkgman - it is available.

Please please keep this thread focused on announcements.

3 Likes

New:

maxima-5.47.0: “Free computer algebra environment based on Macsyma” (can be used in Cantor).
Cantor-23.08.4:

EDIT: maxima only for 64bit (not checked on 32bit)

12 Likes

New:

Nextcloud Desktop Client 3.11.1: The Nextcloud Desktop Client is a tool to synchronize files from Nextcloud Server with your computer.

19 Likes

Updated: LyX 2.3.7-1 (while bumping some package requirements to use the newer boost 1.83.0).

7 Likes

New one, KBibTeX 0.10.0 on the way (once buildmasters have finished their builds).

8 Likes

Updated GCompris to version 4.0 today, available for 32bit and 64bit.

Someone should post something here too, need to edit this one to be able to post (can’t do more then 3 in a row). :slight_smile:

And … it’s live! With @3dEyes pushes for the KDE frameworks up to latest 5.115.0, I’ve pushed Tokodon 23.08.5 to haikuports and builds have finished for 32bit and 64bit, for those using a mastodon client you can now install this on your system.
One sidenote (haven’t been able to fix it, but can live with it for now), on 32bit it crashes when you close it down.

Enjoy! :smiley:

If you like the dark theme(s), you can hunt down one of the many plasma color schemes that are on the net and copy them to: ~/config/non-packaged/data/color-schemes

4 Likes

With KDE framework being bumped up to 5.115.0 you now have dark mode available with Angelfish which wasn’t available before. Perhaps dark mode will be available in other KDE apps.

3 Likes

If you want discuss to display correctly (almost) in Angelfish and other qtwebengine based browsers, you can add environment variable setting to /boot/home/config/settings/boot/UserSetupEnvironment file.

export QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--enable-experimental-web-platform-features"

2 Likes

As explained in my previous post about Tokodon, those application that support color-schemes you can download a theme to your liking from Global Themes (Plasma 5) - KDE Store and copy the *.colors to /boot/home/config/non-packaged/data/color-schemes
For instance I used GentlyColorDarkSoftBlue.colors in this screenshot for NeoChat 23.08.5 (comming up after I check it on 32bit.

1 Like

Lazarus 3.2 for 64bit (Qt6 build) available now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

KDevelop 24.02.1 for 64bit available :slight_smile: (32bit crashes on launch just as the current version does, so left that as it is for now)

Kudos for the groundwork done by @3dEyes !

7 Likes

Dust Racing 2D is an open-source, top-down, racing game built on Qt which comes with a track editor:

5 Likes

A few updates lately:

New
Kile (TeX IDE):

KGraphViewer (graphiz dot viewer):

Updated
CudaText (now for 32bit and 64bit), ScummVM …

8 Likes

Tanglet is a single-player word finding game based on Boggle™:

The object of the game is to list as many words as you can before the time runs out. There are several timer modes that determine how much time you start with, and if you get extra time when you find a word

CuteMaze is atop-down maze game with multiple maze generation algorithms alongside maze theming, both with two of its built-in themes and custom themes:

4 Likes

Tetzle is a is a jigsaw puzzle game that uses tetromino pieces. Any image can be imported to create puzzles with a wide range of sizes. Games are saved automatically, and you can select between currently in progress games:

Novprog is a progress tracker for writing novels, especially of the variety stemming from NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month):

Goals are set for both the length of the project, as well as total wordcount. Enter your wordcount each day, and NovProg updates a graph showing you how much progress you have made. It also shows you how far you are through your daily goal and total goal.

The following Gottcode apps with existing packages were all updated to their latest versions, most of which meant switching from Qt 5 to Qt 6:

6 Likes

“batchrename” is a Tracker add-on and standalone application. Its command line interface is not yet implemented, however, so it’s GUI only.

It has a live preview, and will also mark different parts of a regular expression with different colors.

For the replacement text, you can include the contents of an attribute “Media:Year” by using $(Media:Year). If you use brackets instead of parentheses, you can also include the output of shell commands. For instance, to add the current date to a file name, you can use $[date +%Y-%m-%d]. If you want to use the date of the file instead, you can use $[date -r $file +%Y-%m-%d]; the environment variable “$file” always contains the currently renamed file.

It’s open source, available at: https://github.com/axeld/rename

It could use an icon; my imagination left me with this one :grinning:

15 Likes

The coloured patches is an excellent idea. Makes it so easy to see what’s happening, especially with live updating. The ‘Pattern’ and ‘Replace with’ fields are difficult for dummies like me though so probably I’d never use it. I’m used to drop down options.

It only looks so complicated, because the rename method is set to “Regular expression” here. There are simpler, but less powerful offerings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh of course. I missed that. Looks great then!