Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2016)

Hi there,

from now on, I’d like to quickly present apps that have been newly added to HaikuDepot. Once apps are automatically added by the buildbots, those might not be as easy to spot, but until then, I’ll try…

First up:

TimeTracker

It’s originally created for the BeOS by Michael Wulff Nielsen.
From description of TimeTracker at HDS:

TimeTracker lets you create tasks for your various projects and shows them in a list. Via double-click on an entry you start/stop the timer on that task, thus helping you keep track of how much time you spend doing what.

The code was recently added to HaikuArchives and as it looked interesting, I ventured to see if it compiles and checked it out. As getting it to compile was easy, I decided to spruce it up a bit by making the GUI look a bit nicer and have it use layout management.

I do have some ideas about future features, but I probably won’t have too much time for that in the near future, or ever if there doesn’t seem to be much interest in the app. So speak up if you use TimeTracker, best with a rating and comment in the HaikuDepot application. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Humdinger

13 Likes

Great! Is always nice to have new apps, specially when are a native one.

Thank you Humdinger!
:beers:

2 Likes

Hi there!

Instead of presenting one new app, I’d like to make everyone aware of Michel Clasquin’s recent deluge of re-packaged little apps, documents and fonts at his repo. Have a look at his blog posts to see the sheer number of added packages this August alone.

Thanks, Michel, for your work!

Regards,
Humdinger

PS: By the way, I edited the original post and title. Rather than starting a new thread for every app, I decided to simply add as replies to this one. Everyone is welcome to add their own post, should they stumble upon an app they want people to know about.

2 Likes

New on BeSly Software Solutions Repository: _pkgman add-repo http://software.besly.de/repo_

Menu Sorter

Since embed the package management system in Haiku and virtualizing the menu directory structure, it is no longer possible, as in the previous versions to adapt the program menu on a simple way. The more programs are installed, the more confusing is the menu.

How this can still do, I explain in my tutorial “Patterning the automated Haiku menus”. Based on the experience I had acquired while trying out the idea for this program was created. Besides creating a sorted and self-chosen menus can subsequently maintain the Menu Sorter also easily installed programs. In addition, you can easily turn off when needed its own menu and activate again (Particularly interesting for creating screenshots for tutorials if you want to show the original menu).

Menu Sorter - How to

BeSly Software Solutions Repository Server

2 Likes

new little program to compile “quick and direct” c or cpp Sources.

only drop all Files of the Sosurcecode on the dropzone, configure the compiling string and go.

good to rebuild a shell tool or other souces without makefile.

watch out: “gcc - fast compile” on http://software.besly.de (haikudepot too)

1 Like

We add the program vEvent from ElmstreetSoft on out repository.

SPecial thanks to Adreas Wilcek (Elmstreet Soft to alow us to add his programs to our repository server.

Download over HaikuDepot and BeSly Software Solutions

It would be better to have a added time tab in HaikuDepot to easily find new added programs and files by just clicking at a"Created at" or “submitted” tab inside HaikuDepot itself.

4 Likes

Just in case, in the web (depot.haiku-os.org) you can sort the entries by date.

1 Like

I replied that to bruno’s ticket already, but it’s worth mentioning here as well: You can create RSS feeds for specific or all updated packages at the Haiku Depot Server.

1 Like