• apgreimann_3
  • apgreimann_4
  • apgreimann_5
  • humdinger_1
  • roiredxsoto_1
  • Win8Linux_1
  • X512_1

0 voters

The name is ABOVE the example screenshot. I’ll run voting for a 3 days at minimum (maybe more) depending on how our R1/Beta3 timeline is running. The included choices in this poll are based on number of <3’s on the original submission post as mentioned there.

AlwaysLivid_1
AlwaysLivid_1_example

apgreimann_1
apgreimann_1_example

apgreimann_2
apgreimann_2_example

apgreimann_3
apgreimann_3_example

apgreimann_4
apgreimann_4_example

apgreimann_5
apgreimann_5_example

humdinger_1
humdinger_1_example

roiredxsoto_1
roiredxsoto_1_example

Win8Linux_1
Win8linux_1_example

X512_1
x512_1_example

2 Likes

Beta 2 variant is not an option? It was mentioned in thread.

4 Likes

The only stamp submission really didn’t receive very many :heart: 's (only 3) in the original post.

I mean this: Call for Haiku R1/Beta 3 Installer logo - #25 by X512.

Nobody did any customization making it “beta 3” within the time allocated. Part of the point of this was to offload the work to the community :slight_smile:

I suspected this would happen. The thread was created against that option. It’s rigged.

1 Like

Because nobody could when it uses a font that we do not have access to. So we did the second best thing which is to tell you that we wanted the logo as it previously was. You just chose to ignore it.

1 Like

Also where bugs gone on all variants?

I love the first idee but R1/beta 3 is not very lisible. (That’s need good view) maybe make it bold.

I selected the submissions with the most :heart: 's as I originally outlined.

@mmadia made the stamp logo, he hasn’t been active in the project for a looong time. I don’t have any super powers or access to fonts beyond what y’all have access to. Not really sure what I’m “ignoring” or “rigging”.

4 Likes

@roiredxsoto’s is the only one where the haiku logo and the “r1 beta 3” text are both similar sizes and get equal focus, though I do like the graphics of some of the others

1 Like

I agree. roiredxsoto followed the instructions the most closely :slight_smile:
I like AlwaysLivid’s design, but the text is kinda hard to read when scaled down to the installer window.
Humdinger’s is clean, but missing the R1.

1 Like

I voted for something but my real vote goes to “keep the existing one”. It takes litterally 2 seconds to replace the 2 with a 3 in the Wonderbrush file. The only reason I didn’t submit a proposal doing that is that I thought X512 one would be valid.

4 Likes

Editing stamp text in Wonderbrush file don’t work for me.

This farce is the blind leading the blind. Haiku has a good aesthetic, inherited from BeOS and tastefully refined (by Stephan?). Do not let individuals that has no sense for graphical design ruin it. The suggested graphics are hideous.

Leave the design part to individuals that know what they are doing.

2 Likes

Honestly, I am just confused at this point, all recent contests have been big failures imo, why are they still beeing done? They clearly don’t work for us and only seem to cause bad blood. Just my 2 cents anyhow…

3 Likes

I looked into Wonderbrush file (it is BMessage) and found that it use SISTEMAS FONT BT. After installing font text became editable.

1 Like

Could you define who these people are? Stephan / stippi hasn’t been around for a long time. mmadia created the original and is gone as well.

We need more people to step up and help out in the graphics department… thus this contest.

3 Likes

Done. Wonderbrush file path is data/artwork/HAIKU logo - black on white - installer.

HAIKU logo - black on white - installer

9 Likes

I can tell you who they are not; you and everybody else that submitted designs to this contest.

You are clearly not qualified to judge what is good graphical design, and therefor judge who is qualified to “step up”. Why change something that doesn’t need to be changed? It was fine as it was, and infinitely better than the submitted designs. But again, you are not qualified to see that. Ignorance is bliss.