Call for Haiku R1/Beta 3 Installer logo

Personally I like consistency, and I think the R1/beta3 is more confusing even if it makes sense to us, it won’t for users since / usually means a dividor as a logical or, R1 or beta3 instead of the meant beta3 of Release 1

Wierdly enough I didn’t remember the beta1 installer image, maybe that sais more about me though, but it looks like you are indeed correct, even if beta1 seems to be a clear outlier there.

haiku_logo_1

1 Like

haiku_logo_2

2 Likes

Here is a bit more than a rubber stamp, maybe.
png3
png4
(why is it not allowed to upload wonderbrush files by the forum?)

haikutick-b3

I would go with ‘b3’ instead of ‘beta’ anyway. But it’s required the ‘beta3’ thing. :wink:
Aesthetically R1|b3 looks more balanced than R1|beta3.

Regards,
RR

5 Likes

Just use the same design as before?

8 Likes

Thanks! The idea came about while trying to figure out a design that would be in line with Haiku’s overall visual identity, while still remaining within the bounds set by the call for logos.

Made a revised version with slightly larger text and box for better readability:
HAIKU logo - black on white - big - tab

Here’s the Krita file, if anyone wants to make improvements on the design:
https://0x0.st/-pBH.kra

It should work on the Haiku port as well.

7 Likes

I’m going to insist on the permanent marker, it gives it a DIY feel.

You asked, I delivered:

8-bit-mosaic-with-version

4 Likes

Based the leaves on SNES games and some clever tricks I remember seeing in ASCII art recreated in GIMP with the “Wind” effect and a lot of “pencil” work in order to get rid of the aliasing in the classic Arial font. It’s fundamentally different but much more lowkey, in my opinion. I can also combine the previous things I used to denote the release (e.g. an actual permanent marker and a pen) here.

pixelated

2 Likes

Maybe we should keep the current Haiku logo, but with a “sticker” that says “Beta3” on the side, like what is used in the “Get Haiku” button:

Obviously for this we’d move the stamp to be partially over the logo, and the “download it now” text wouldn’t need to be there. I do wonder if we could keep the background, though - it would look quite nice.

3 Likes

I kept the r1/beta3 because it still felt appropriate. I used some filters to make the leaves just a bit more black then used an airbrush and a smudge tool to give it a watercolor yet pixelated look. I can still replace the “ribbon” however deemed appropriately.

black_leaves

1 Like

Totally agree
+1

1 Like

Yep. Like this better than my first try:

Haiku Installer Logo2

6 Likes

It will look a bit bad if the ribbon suddenly gets cut off though, right?

The ribbon could continue a bit to the right, I guess. At the bottom, it’s cut off by the grey options view.

Or: put the ribbon into the top left corner to avoid it being cut off by the right text view:

Haiku Installer Logo3

20 Likes

Here’s my take on win8linux’s idea!
HAIKU logo - black on white - r1b3

4 Likes

The white one is great ! I really appreciate it

Here are my logos!

HAIKU LOGO FOR R1 BETA3__WHITE ON BLACK

HAIKU LOGO FOR R1 BETA3__BLACK ON WHITE

1 Like

It’s missing the “R1” part, though.