Translations needed for upcoming 3rd party app release

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on that PR.

I’ve got a new little app that’s in need of translations before its first release:
Samedi lets you load up to 8 audio sample that you can then trigger to play via MIDI.

Please head over to its Polyglot page to contribute a translation. It’s a small app, so only few strings to translate. :slight_smile:

And if anyone has a nice icon to use, I’m still missing that, too…
Thanks!

6 Likes

Done, hope I got everything wright :wink:

5 Likes

And another application that needs its translations updated before its next release:

ffmpegGUI has gained a job manager to queue up encoding tasks and a cropping preview, which in turn added a number of new strings to the GUI. Please visit its Polyglot page to update or add new translations.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Next up is a minor bugfix update of BePDF (the “Show help” menu is currently not working).

An opportunity to update translations as well at its Polyglot page.
Especially Chinese (98%) and Hindi (93%) are almost finished…
Thanks!

1 Like

ArtPaint is gearing up for another great release.
Please head over to Polyglot and help translate the additional strings.
Thanks very much!

10 Likes

Done for LA-Spanish.

That is, ArtPaint and ALL the other apps! Locale is 100% complete :smiley: please test and report back (idealmente si hablan español, y si son de estas tierras tanto mejor).

… oh, and I have to say it: HaikuDepotServer was an absolute beast.

3 Likes

Thanks @victroniko!

A small update on the translations stats for ArtPaint:

Catalan 99%, Dutch 82%, Friaulian 90%, Italian 89%, Japanese 80%, Portuguese 46% (+ many “needing work”), Spanish 90%, Swedish 89%

Release is planned for early next week.

It sure is. Not easy either, because many texts aren’t seen often when using the site, esp. for non-admin users…
I created a PR with the latest translations, so all the hard work can actually be seen/used.
Thanks all!

2 Likes

Once more I have a tiny crashing bug fix release for Clipdinger.
A good opportunity to update translations. There are a few language not completed yet:

Chinese (62%), Croation (44%), Czech (88%), Danish (67%), Finnish (88%), Ukranian (88%)

Please head over to Polyglot to help out. Thanks!

On the topic of Clipdinger… may I suggest allowing to close/hide its window by a regular “close button” on its TitleBar? (I’m too lazy to double-click on it, or reach for the ESC key instead :stuck_out_tongue:).

Further discussion at this ticket of Clipdingers bugtracker, please, to keep this on-topic.

1 Like

I added a “Random symbol” renamer to PecoRename. That added a few more strings to translate. Please head over to its page at Polyglot if you want to help with that.

@johan has been busy with the Norwegian translations, thanks!
I only got notifications for a few apps on that. But for those at least I plan quick minor releases. If people want to complete/add their translations for those, now is the time. Only 3 apps, I’m aware of so far: BeMines, Ubertuber, Weather

In general, if head over to Polyglot, all apps that are incomplete in your preferred language(s) are highlighted yellow. It’d be nice if people checked the site from time to time to keep their translations complete after strings got added/updated.

Thanks!

Thanks @humdinger , I’ve translated the new strings for PecoRename (Spanish and Norwegian). Several other apps have gone from 0 to 100% in Norwegian, and the larger ones are WIP. ArtPaint, for instance, is at 70%. I’m attaching a screenshot for progress on Norwegian and Spanish (Latin America)

Looking forward to seeing some of these released with Norwegian translation :slight_smile: :norway:

1 Like

Thanks @johan! Thing is, if all those apps had their own developers behind it, doing small translations updates would be easy. However, most of the apps are from HaikuArchives in more or less maintenance mode. Means either I have to do the work for all of them, or others create PRs. But even then, those PRs have to be checked, possibly releases published, recipes at haikuports updated etc.

I’m not complaining, just explaining why things aren’t moving super quick after a translation hits 100% (and normally I don’t even notice that it has)… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I understand that those apps aren’t updated very often. It was mentioned somewhere that new translations usually aren’t reason enough for a new release, which makes sense to me.

I like how you post a message whenever a new release is planned for an app, as an opportunity to update translations as well.

Quick question: how are new translation strings added to Polyglot?

1 Like

To be clear, anyone who is planning a new release is welcome to post a call-to-translation-arms in this thread. :slight_smile:

Developers who want to add their app as new “project” at Polyglot need to apply for the necessary permissions. The rest is described in the Polyglot Developer Help.

Hey @johan , we try to do an ArtPaint release about every 3-4 months, so hopefully we can get the Norwegian translation out before too long - thanks for doing that!

Dale

1 Like

The graphical diff tool PonpokoDiff needs its very few strings translated. If you want to help, head on over to Polyglot.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I had to (well, wanted to actually…) add few more features to PonpokoDiff that resulted in a few more additional strings for translation. So, if you’d be so kind…
(As those are probably seldom hit error messages, I have no issue including incomplete translations for now, though, and have another minor release to add completed trannslations.)

1 Like

Is this string used to ask for a new diff (two different files) or the app encountered a change in the currently selected files and is it asking to redo the diff?