Name Suggestion for native Haiku Web Browser

Yep. :wink:

It should be written “MIP”, probably…
(God! I think this is a really funny train of thoughts. I hope something comes out of it…)

“Mir” is pretty good. It is also the name of an alternate Earth in the “Time Odyssey” science fiction book series by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter. A good little series for those who like to read science fiction like myself :slight_smile:

In the book they named their alternate world that for similar reasons as you used for coming up with it as a browser name.

I can’t say you’ve “won” the contest that this thread has sort of become, but it is definitely among the finalists :slight_smile:

As I said before the name Tranquility has lost some of its luster for me and for now I am just going to keep focusing on the code.

[quote=leavengood]

As I said before the name Tranquility has lost some of its luster for me and for now I am just going to keep focusing on the code.[/quote]

“Breeze”.

I, too, like the connotation of “Tranquility”, but, as a few contributors have pointed out and admitted, it suffers from being " does not roll off the tongue". So I hope “Breeze” brings the feel and arouses association of experience similar to “Tranquility”.

But I’ll add:

Whatever name Ryan has his personal preference to and decision on should have our full respect. Who else is best entitled to naming his application? But it is great to see how this tread can excite the imaginations of many, and how people “brainstorm” free.

[quote=Klapaucius]It should be written “MIP”, probably…
(God! I think this is a really funny train of thoughts. I hope something comes out of it…)[/quote]
no, it should be written “MIR”. :wink:

[quote=HaikuBot][quote=Klapaucius]It should be written “MIP”, probably…
(God! I think this is a really funny train of thoughts. I hope something comes out of it…)[/quote]
no, it should be written “MIR”. ;)[/quote]

Yeah. Got a bit carried away by my own genius. Sorry. Won’t happen again :wink: Or it might…

Klapaucius

What about “Soyuz” it has an extra syllable and might be easier to say.

Serenity gets my vote - it’s what I feel whenever I’m using Haiku :wink:
SurfBoard is a close second…

Want do you think about :
Hawaii

• it sounds Haiku-ish
  • it represents an island of tranquility where you can surf,
  • it evokes the journey ( for every one but Bryce Groff ;-p )

Great name! Very positive.

And we can keep the surfer icon. :}

As long as it doesn’t open the door to future applications choosing names that start with ‘Ha’, like all those ‘Be-something’ names (OK, those are excused because that ‘Be’ fully refers to ‘Be’, the company name).

I definitely like Prose for a word processor. Serenity is also good. Limmerick or so would be nice. NetPoetry is also nice. Won’t someone start a poll or something?

agreed. Finally, a halfway decent name for a browser - it sounds like fun. Assuming WebPositive is definitely out, this gets my vote, FWIW…

All these attempts to somehow shoehorn poetry styles seemed quite forced, contrived even. I dunno, none of them seemed to roll off the tongue. I’m not sure what else was left, did ‘Villanelle’ get mentioned? ‘Doggerel’?

Walterweb Pro

Well, i would use Haiku and Browser words abbreviations:

HaSer
KuSer
KuBro
HB :stuck_out_tongue:
HaiBrow (reminds me HighGrow)
SerHai
SerIku

Cheeth

vegas

Salty

breeze

zephyr

seawalker

waveraker

[quote=starsseed]Want do you think about :
Hawaii

• it sounds Haiku-ish
  • it represents an island of tranquility where you can surf,
  • it evokes the journey ( for every one but Bryce Groff ;-p )
[/quote]

At first I thought is was as bad as most other suggestions here, but now that I think about it I kind of like it. And since Apple got away with “safari” so why shouldn’t “Hawaii” work as a name? Even though I think NetOptimist is still more BeOS:ish

I would like to poit that Explorer (from Microsoft), Voyager (Amiga) and Sputnik (Amiga too) are all web browser names related to some space engines (satellites or probes). So Mir and Viking could be added to this list, too.
And we can still go trough the list of things sent to space. There are a lot of interesting names to pick there.

Hehe…the name for the newest node for the International Space Station is “Serenity”

Does that mean “Serenity” gets two votes…?

Cheers,

Will

What about:

Icarus <- in honor to the sun that gives us all the light and heat needed to live, source of life for the whole planet and a witness of thousands of years of evolution.

Ikrus to fit more with Haiku style.