LibreOffice is now available for Haiku

I was asking elsewhere whether to install Haiku on a 32 bit machine, or 64. I will want to use LibreOffice, and I am now wondering whether the 32 bit version is working yet. If not, that will dictate going the 64 bit route.

32 bit version is working.

I would recommend not making LibreOffice dependent on Java; or at the very least, don’t make the package depend on a JRE (this is the way it is on Windows; it’ll use the JRE if you request it but it won’t otherwise.)

Further, Base does not need a JRE for normal operation; it only needs it if you want to use certain obscure Oracle database formats. So unless anyone actually needs these, don’t even bother trying to set it up, it’s a pain to do even on Linux.

Of course, that was what I had in mind. Creating another package with LO database formats and make it depend on JRE.

“it’s a pain to do even on Linux.”

I can second that. I can’t get it to work in Linux. But it wasn’t presented as an option. It refused to work at all unless JRE was installed. Same in Windows.

That’s good news. Thank you.

Exellent news, BTW it would be great to obtain an “official approval” by LO team:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/