Koder - new native code editor

Of course, runes were designed to be “written” with a knife on wood.

Isnt this thread about 3D accel?
I would not be happy if some guys would try to rename my intellectual product without my consent, but thats me and i never made anything, so i can be wrong.

I’m not serious. I thought we were just spitballing ideas in case there was an issue with that other Koder program.

1 Like

If there would be any problem, the other party have also the right to rename itself :wink:

2 Likes

Except that’s not what Koder is supposed to be. It is only an editor and it will stay that way.

Besides renaming means new icon (kindly donated by others) and, frankly, you could find a clash with any name I choose because someone, somewhere made something called like this already.

1 Like

This sounds too GNUish.

2 Likes

Nah, you’d need HINIDE = HINIDE Is No IDE
or
HAIDE = HAIDE Aint IDE
or something like that hehe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

KINK… Koder Is Not Koder-app

1 Like

Hey,
assuming you take requests here i kindly request that Koder highlights lines longer than N (usually 80) characters so i can easily identify them.

The column mark on the lower left is rather unreadable for me with the purpleish theme.

Thanks.

Have you checked the preferences? There’s a setting “Mark overly long lines” with two options.

You mean the line/column display in the lower left corner? I think that’s not part of the style… Personally, I use the “dimmed” style, everything’'s very readable.

2 Likes

Hey,
The setting does not seem to do anything, atleast for me it does not highlight lines.

As for the text, If the bg is part of the theme the fg should definetely be too :slight_smile:

Works here. Mark overly long lines as

Background:

Line:

I prefer the “Line” setting.

Maybe I misunderstand your issue. If we talk about the same thing, the column/line counter is not part of the Koder “Style”, but part of the system’s decorator drawing the window:

Koder_col-line

Ah, i see now, both the background and line mode are not contrast heavy enough on the purpleriot theme to be noticeable, i was hoping for something like the red highlight of the eol variant (I am only using purpleriot anyway because it somehow matches my system theme, i am at a loss why Koder doesn’t respect my system colors (for document bg and document text for instance) by default.

No, you were correct, but the text color is black for me aswell, but i don’t have a text color defined to be black that would match for that controll element, atleast all of my text/background combos are clearly destinquishable, which leads me to believe that the black text may either be part of the theme or hardcoded.

I’m still not completely sure I understand you correctly wrt the line/col display. Could you upload a screenshot?

The 80char limit colour should be controlled with “Edge” of the yaml Style file in /system/data/Koder/styles.

You could create your own Style by copying the purpleriot.yaml from there to e.g. /boot/home/config/non-packaged/data/Koder/styles/ and modify it.