Koder - new native code editor

I am trying to create a new dark theme.

• But Number (Cpp) ID 4 is ignored.
  • Same thing with Indent Guide (ID 37) where the Foreground settings is ignored.

2 Likes

It’s not ignored, it’s overriden. There is a copy-paste error in C++ style file. Fixed here.

White stripe is a Scintilla issue, fixed here.

Foreground and background change the colors of alternating dots, so this works fine (you got solid red line).

BTW. this style looks awesome! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for explaination. I can send you the theme if you would like to.

3 Likes

I added my Dark theme (C++ only for now).
Its not perfect, I still cant change the white line (Brace ballance spaning over multiple lines).

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Nice! I bet KapiX wouldn’t say no to a pull-request… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see there is a Koder app code editor already for iPad/iPhone. I can see this as a possible naming conflict, unless it’s based on it.

Did you see this? https://www.haiku.ai/

It’s not based on it, and I don’t intend to change the name unless the original author decides it’s a problem.

2 Likes

Yes I did. I thought about mentioning it, but it’s not an operating system. It is software, but very different in genre. Koder and Koder are both code editors. There’s more direct confusion.

I like the name koder. Run with it!

1 Like

“I like the name koder. Run with it!”

Yes, but General Edmund Duke Coding App is not bad also, so if name could be changed, lets dont wait any longer!

2 Likes

I actually like the motivated own-made king :smile:

1 Like

We can rerune Koder to:
ᚴᚩᛞᛅᚱ

1 Like

Why not old hungarian alphabet then?

I like runes, but they are not made for complex text;-)

Why not HaiKoder?

Or HaiKode. Like XCode, only Haikuier.

1 Like

HIDE?

Haiku integrated development environment?

1 Like

Of course, runes were designed to be “written” with a knife on wood.

Isnt this thread about 3D accel?
I would not be happy if some guys would try to rename my intellectual product without my consent, but thats me and i never made anything, so i can be wrong.

I’m not serious. I thought we were just spitballing ideas in case there was an issue with that other Koder program.

1 Like

If there would be any problem, the other party have also the right to rename itself :wink:

2 Likes