Haiku new Wallpapers!

Just for the record, there’s the checkbox “Icon label outline” which helps in these situations, but doesn’t look fantastic IMO.

The colour of the icon label depends on the background colour. So even if you use a background image, you can set a light background colour and have black icon labels as a result.
Only downside: the Workspaces applet shows this background colour, so you won’t have the nice mellow blue anymore there…

1 Like

Good day,

By the way, I think it could be nice to just have a “wallpaper contest”, to pick 10 “default” wallpapers. With some requirements, being the most important, the copyright thing, thus contestants should give the rights to Haiku to use those wallpapers.

Seeing the buzz this wallpaper thread is rising, it might be a good idea.

Regards,
RR

Not white light but blue light… and that’s mostly an issue as you get older. Younger people’s eyes repair themselfs but that mechanism breaks down with age resulting in loss of blue receptores in the eyes.

It would be nice if Haiku had a blue light reduction mode as just about every other operating system has now… it can help reduce using a computer near bedtime from causing you to have difficulties falling to sleep as well as the blue light is what most affects your circadian rythm.

Created a ticket for a blue light reduction mode feature here: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/14508#ticket

1 Like

Here’s a simple demo wallpaper I did based on the earlier post (white Haiku leaf on blue). Hope people enjoy it! In case it too disappears from the forum, I’ll link a zip file with it inside in the ‘quick tour’ thread:

haiku-candidate-wallpaper

3 Likes

Here is a wallpaper that I stumbled across while using KDE’s Get New Wallpapers... feature and it instantly made me think of Haiku:

Given a few tweaks (like shorter shadows), it wouldn’t look out of place with the rest of Haiku.

7 Likes

6 Likes

That’s very nice…very clean and thoughtful…may I use It?

that’s why its here

…polite to ask I think.

maybe i’ll have some more higher grade things later, if I feel up to it…

…looking forward to seeing more…but this will be hard to better, good luck!

I really like that one!

I barely put any effort at all into that tbh, I consider it a mediocre thing I did quickly while not feeling so well.

I suppose I can see how you might say that but it is pretty decent thematically… And isn’t too busy so props for that.

7 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::neutral_face:

6 Likes

Wow, I really like these! They definitely capture the essence of Haiku (“sheer elegance in its simplicity”). Well done! :+1:

Nice ones, @Wildman!
Maybe you could upload the source files (WonderBrush?) so people can resize them to fit their screen resolution?

not wonderbrush, i’m afraid, just the venerable old photoshop 7.0

Bitmaps… :-1:
:slight_smile:

2 Likes