Computers compatible with Haiku (current version)

Thanks again, I wonder if OpenSound might help with this? Or it might just be the sound isn’t supported on this computer yet too like on my old 2007 MacBook. Anyways I’d updated the additional notes both on the repo and laptops page with no sound and also - Additional notes: (WiFi is not working on this computer; first test mentioned missing Wi-Fi adapter LED light, but Wi-Fi works.)

Ok, I just re-tried to blacklist hda and install opensound… I have sound :wink:

Sounds great that you have sound :smiley: I’ve updated sound status in the lists

There is a Laptop in the Desktop section:
Asus Tuf Gaming FX705GM

Thanks @brunobastardi for spotting the laptop in the wrong spot; hopefully it’s in the right list now :slight_smile: Thanks also pamen for testing your Lenovo X201 with Haiku!

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta3.3.8) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the hardware list same as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also reply to this thread without the template with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2021 Leafbook with a 2.4 GHz Intel i9 9980HK processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU, and 16 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54988 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Sorry it’s taken a few days to get everything listed but there’s a few new updates that should be in the form now :smiley:

First (little) thing everyone will prob notice is that the forms so far were pretty nerdy, and I totally admit I got a little too formal with some stuff. While it’s still got a nerdy feel going (hey it’s hardware testing by nerds for nerds!), there’s been little changes that (I think) make it better while keeping a ‘professional’ feel to it since it represents Haiku.

Second up is new artwork for Nightly, experimental, and stable and afaik this prob is the first time ever someone’s made Nightly buttons (with cubes to keep the isometric theme going :nerd_face:)

haiku-nightly-x64

Third up is more artwork, new icons for devices I’ve been messing around with, like this one for workstations and towers:

tower-oem

… and there’s also little Haiku icons in the form too :slight_smile: But anyways, back to the artwork – it’s part of an idea for another update, so I’ll be dropping those here once they’re ready too

So anyways, hope that everyone likes the small changes to the form :slight_smile:

Also shout out to this week’s hardware contributors – thanks Jessicah, husaral, MrEntropy; new hardware is listed below and on the usual pages

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta3.4.24) powered by Google Forms
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the hardware list same as with Method 1
Method 3 : Or… you can also reply to this thread without the template with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2021 Leafbook with a 2.4 GHz Intel i9 9980HK processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU, and 16 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54988 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, since these will be ignored
  • For any fixes, questions, or whatever, please post them here and I’ll update the hardware list when I can

Thank you everyone!

2 Likes

Thanks Wes for submitting your hardware! It’s been added to the hardware list and here:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta3.4.24) powered by Google Forms
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the hardware list same as with Method 1

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, since these will be ignored
  • For any fixes, questions, or whatever, please post them here and I’ll update the hardware list when I can

Thank you everyone!

IMG_20210429_170139 IMG_20210429_170301

My Haiku r1/beta2 Rev. 54154 on ASUS Eeepc701 4g

6 Likes

Hi @ScOt thanks for sharing your netbook running Haiku! Does sound and networking (WiFi, wired/Ethernet) work good? Also how’d you rate it overall (works, kinda works, doesn’t work)? Asking bc with a little bit more info I can put this in the hardware list if you like :slightly_smiling_face:

I have complete google form. eeepc701 work good. Fast for old netbook its good surprise. WiFi atheros OK Ethernet OK. Sound i don’t know don’t tested sorry. Libre-office run ok. mail news ok. Cam no recognized. Run from usbpendrive 4 gb installed OS free space usbpen for memory data & programs.
Sorry for my english. I am Italian from Florence. Ciao dall’Italia!!!

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see the Google Form at first; your netbook should now be in the hardware lists :smiley: Thanks and welcome to Haiku!

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Why is there no “Sound status” in this entry?

Up to now, contributors didn’t need to answer this question so sometimes that’d be listed, sometimes not; also afaik the last post from the contributor mentioned sound wasn’t tested on this computer, but Atheros Wifi and Ethernet work ok. Anyways, I’ve now moved sound status (with graphics and Wifi/Ethernet as well) to the first part as required questions now :slight_smile:

Also, sometime soon I plan to update and unify several of the tags to make more sense, like ratings or how status is shown; I’ll post more about this once I have a free day to do this (probably be sometime later this month)

2 Likes

Tanks you.
Audio: Realtek HD, built-in speakers and microphone
I am sorry. Now i have tested sounds. Work OK with sounds sytem & with qmmp ecc.
Ciao a tutti.

3 Likes

I think it is one of most important features for end-user:

1. Grafic
  2. Mouse and Keyboard
  3. Sound
  4. Ethernet or WIFI connection for the internet connection

What do you think? Am I right with this order?

Most importend are

Graphic cards
Sound cards
Network cards

Input methods are changeable with low money costs

Ok, sounds like my app, system analysis tool. I ask the user some questions to get the feelings, using the system.

Some people thinking they are too many questions, but i think the right way for a good hardware base are only with the meaning and expierience of the user doable.

4 Likes

It would be appreciated if the language of an application (generally global) was available for interface / operation in English AND native language.

Update1:
If I feed the translators from Google, bing and DeepL with a text one after the other, I get very different results in some cases!

Update2:
[Some people thinking they are to many questions]:
Would it ‘still’ make sense to ask for different boot behaviour?
My DELL notebook boots Haiku wonderfully without problems after a warm start from Windows.
After a cold start, however, it only boots with a lot of hangs and strangles and various settings… with restrictions!

If lorglas get fix the translation in yab i will start translate it.

I will take a look

Ps: we have a bugtracker to report bugs, give ideas

https://trac.besly.de

2 Likes

Sorry it’s taken a while to get the list updated; I’ve been messing around with stuff and finally got around to the list :slight_smile: Thank you kQuote03 for testing your hardware with Haiku!

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like