Computers compatible with Haiku (current version)

A single place to collect and show HW info would be nice though.

I meant to type OP, “Original Poster”.

Ah okay wasn’t sure if this meant off topic or old timer (which I’m not – although I probably write like one lol) or yet another meaning, and it had me confused :sweat_smile:

I agree with a universal hardware list, but idk, maybe the community should decide what they’d want to use; I don’t want to make my list the ‘default’ for anyone, really, and tbh it’s still a work in progress (but then I get that Haiku is too). When Beta 3 comes out I’ll need to totally overhaul the hardware list – add some stats to make this more of a serious effort (there’s a lot of info, but what runs best with Haiku? What doesn’t?), translate strings, that sort of thing.

I think your list is doing great and is totally fine as the “official” one. We should just link to it from the main website or host a copy/“rendering” of it there (it shouldn’t be too hard, I think the list is provided in json format for that purpose)

A desktop app to browse the listi s not a great idea because the point is having the list for people who want to buy a computer specifically to run Haiku - quite likely they don’t already have one.

As for collecting the data, well, do whatever you want. Please coordinate with apgreimann and don’t start a new list however.

2 Likes

Model: MacBook Pro 13 (2020) - see review notes
Rating: 4/4 - Haiku works with all (or nearly all) components

Cam status: Built-in cameras and/or webcam works

Review notes: Unsure if this is truly a 2020 or if this report is totally accurate. SD card reader mentioned as working here where USB C MBPs generally don’t have one; pen input mentioned and will assume this is referring to a Wacom tablet.

It is very unlikely that the webcam works!

1 Like

Yeah I might actually delete this one when I do the Beta 3 sorting as it makes no sense… like the h/w listed in this don’t match that year MBP…

Maybe someone should fix the webcam driver instead? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes would be very good to have at least one working webcam driver for a common webcam…

1 Like

Well, maybe open crowdsourced user testing suite (aka OPEN-CUTS, used by Ubuntu too) may be more useful.

https://www.open-cuts.org/

Model: DisplayNote Montage
Rating: fairly well (some components work, but some do not)
Version: R1/beta2 32-bit
Startup media: Samsung SE-S084F Slim External DVD-Writer, 256GB SSD
Started with: UEFI
Boot options: Normal Boot
CPU: Intel i5 Processor 4 Cores
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Networking cards: Wireless: idualwifi7260, Ethernet: rtl81xx
USB types: USB 3.0
Memory: 8 GB
CPU manufacturer: Intel
Share on GitHub: Yes
Sound status: Sound works
Networking status: Ethernet works, Wifi does not connect
Graphics status: Graphics work natively/out of the box
Restarting: Works fine
Contributor: Dan Wood
Contribution date: 02/03/2021

3 Likes

Haikuers I’m sorry I haven’t kept anyone updated, I’m planning to have the new version up when Beta3 comes out (which according to the timeline https://dev.haiku-os.org/milestone/R1/beta3?by=priority should be soon); for now the form doesn’t work because I’m hoping to avoid new entries until everything is done — thanks everyone

Model: Lenovo ThinkPad W700
Rating: 4/4; works very well
Version: Haiku Nightly 32-bit, hrev54965
Startup media: USB storage media (USB 2), Internal SSD or hard drive
Started with: Legacy BIOS/CSM; UEFI not present
Boot options: Did not try Haiku boot options
CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X9100 @ 3.06 GHz (dual core, 6 MB L2 cache)
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M (discrete)
Sound cards: Intel 82801I HD Audio (ICH9 family)
Networking cards: Intel WiFi Link 5300 (iprowifi4965); Intel 82567LM Gigabit Ethernet
USB types: USB 2.0/legacy ports
Webcams: Webcam not present on this model
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM (1067 MHz, SO-DIMM)
CPU manufacturer: Intel
Share on GitHub: Yes
SD cards: Untested, unable to test. Ricoh R5C832 controller
Sound status: Functional
Networking status: Ethernet untested; WiFi fully functional
Graphics status: Uses VESA driver by default, no specific driver present
Power status: Battery recognized but capacity reported incorrectly; PowerStatus reports remaining percentage fine
Restarting: Works fine
Additional notes: This ThinkPad has a Wacom digitizer built into the palmrest (factory option), but I can’t test that because I don’t have the associated stylus. Screen resolution needed to be set to native manually after first boot, due to lack of NVIDIA-specific driver. Didn’t test Ethernet connectivity, because I don’t have a router, etc. to test it with. Otherwise all good.
Contributor: Graeme Cooper
Contribution date: 03/01/2021 16:55HST

4 Likes

Thanks @BeDifferent-1, this should be up on the hardware page once I get it back up sometime this week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, the hardware list should be back up and working at its new home @ haiku-computer-list.org :smiley: Sorry it’s been down so long, everyone!

For now (because I just want to get this back up!), I’ve given up on the ideas I had planned for it such as to have hardware stats; the good news is it now has a permanent home (and not just a Google Site) and I made some minor fixes to the hardware form and got to look over all the hardware entries (and removed one strange 2020 MBP entry that had nonsense specs on it). Old entries from before Beta2 have been moved to haiku-computer-list-archived.

3 Likes

New hardware added! Thanks to @kim1963, WindowsFan9600, and TheJoomes for your hardware submissions!

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta3.3.8) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the hardware list same as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also reply to this thread without the template with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2021 Leafbook with a 2.4 GHz Intel i9 9980HK processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU, and 16 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54988 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

New hardware added! Thank you Koala for testing your machine with Haiku!

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta3.3.8) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the hardware list same as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also reply to this thread without the template with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2021 Leafbook with a 2.4 GHz Intel i9 9980HK processor, Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU, and 16 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54988 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

New hardware added! Thanks @muffin for testing your machine with Haiku!

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you Jérémy Friche for your contribution to the hardware list!

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

You’re welcome.
Maybe an update: I reinstalled Haiku and sound won’t work at all. And Wifi don’t connect automaticaly.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, also before I update stuff is this limited to just one nightly or something that keeps happening?

1 Like

It was the case on Beta2, and I upgraded to last nightly to see if there is some change.

1 Like