BUY NOW - Haiku DVD

Unless DVD is corrupted - it does matter. There may be bugs, that can be fixed.

Here I leave a 1-week link to the DVD’s dump.

You would need to verify the checksum of the DVD directly to detect any meaningful corruption. Otherwise it’s hard to tell if corruption was inherent in the DVD, or if it was caused in copying the DVD to the file you uploaded, or if it was caused while compressing or decompressing, or if it was caused while uploading and downloading to the server or during storage on the server.

@PulkoMandy, do you have an image checksum that can be used to verify the DVD?

The DVD was mastered from the ISO image everyone can download on the website. I don’t think the mastering process changes the checksum. I may be able to check tomorrow during FOSDEM.

3 Likes

My theory about this issue may be specific to the machine this time or maybe could be something else.

In any case, I am very grateful with you. I don’t want to make a snowball with this topic. As I said, it may be just an isolated case.

1 Like

At least I installed from the DVD with no problems, and I imagine others did also, so I don’t think all the DVDs are bad, anyway.

I never did get to say thanks for the Beta DVD! Before I forget again, thank you to @PulkoMandy for shipping a copy! It arrived safe and sound, and I look forward to doing a YouTube video on installing it soon!

2 Likes

Hello!

Just wondering - are the Beta 1 discs still available?

Yes, I have about 500 of them left. I think post offices are open again here and I should be able to start shipping them again if people still want some.

You should add a little tutorial in how to update to beta2 (included the case)

1 Like

Are there also going to be Beta 2 discs? If so, I’d like to order two copies of both releases. And I’ll add a nice donation on top :wink:

(If they’re not out yet, that’s fine, I’m patient!)

Thanks!

When I selected this thread out of the new content notifications, it started at the top. Presumably, I never did read it back in the day, so it’s presented as new even though it’s very old.

If you start getting money for DVDs, that’s probably why. Technically, they’re asking for a beta1 DVD, but have no use for one. Shouldn’t be more than a handful - I’m curious to know how many.

Maybe ship the Beta 1 together with the Beta 2?

2 Likes

Sounds great.
Beta1 will serve as a collector’s item. Sort of. :slight_smile:

This is kinda why I asked :smile: