Announcement: Haiku Media Editor - R1.0.0, Beta 1

Hi forart.it. Regarding Avisynth+, I’m not able to attempt the integration since I honestly do not have the time. A 3rd party opportunity if interest exists, I suppose. Since Medo is a Haiku application, it is fully scriptable by sending BMessages to it. A Medo::AddOn can also be created if the demand is there …

Take care.

1 Like

Well then, maybe @qyot27 could be interested in experimenting this.

Thanks.

Right. I am working on it. I expect to send the portuguese translation soon.

I am working on the translation, which should be complete in a few days. It would be awesome if you could test it after it gets merged in one of the next builds.

Sure, I’ll do it!

Maybe few ideas to pick here (Wondershare Filmora) for next version.
To change language change .com in .fr or .de, I didn’t try the others.
Or maybe there (VSDC Video Editor).

Out of curiosity: where the name “Medo” come from?

For Russian ear this name sounds as “Made with honey” (rus. medov-yj/aya/oe).

Haiku is inspired by bee. That’s seem logical to find honey somewhere. :laughing:
I would bet on killer bee, that would explain fear (see the other thread) also.

1 Like

He, Zenja explained itself somewhere here on the community site.
It means Bear in Hungarian language. Hope I am right.

*Slavic languages

In fact, that makes sense.
So far, the story of the word must be read from East to West.
At the base it’s something made from honey. Then people say “Hey, where there’s honey come bears” and next think “Bears!!!” and start running.
Is there someone to collect all meanings to make a promotion video and to tell us the full story? :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve been trying to edit some videos in medo. I wonder if there is any way to specify a 4 coordinate screen cutout to transform this part to a second video stream to overlay? for example to put something else on a TV or something via an effect.

I have tried to do this with the crop option and move option, but to my suprise the crop option always crops every media stream, no matter on which stream i put the effect. With the crop only affecting one stream I could probably have done it already the way i wanted it.

Ideally having a 4 coordinate selector might be nicer though (So i can also specify the position frame by frame, or just each N frames and have it calculate the rest or so)

Sounds like the Netflix is a joke AI bot stories lol

Hi nephele. If I understood your use-case, its probably a bug in the stacked layout code (most likely), where the crop should effect the current track, not the lower tracks as well. May I suggest you first layout the Transform effect to scale and translate, and then add the crop effect to the same track. If that doesnt work, then I need to fix the stacking bug so that crop is per track, not stack.

I hope I understood your question. I should make a set of video tutorials (thats also good for marketing), real life has thrown an enormous amount of work at me (which will also involve a rellocation back to Europe) so what little time I have is almost non existant. I’ve also got 2 other grand projects (even bigger in scope) at a standstill.

12 Likes

Are these other 2 grand projects Haiku native apps?

One of them is Haiku only.

4 Likes

we are all curious! at least some little information :heart_eyes::smiley:pleaseeee

1 Like

Unless I misunderstand what you want me to try this doesn’t seem to do as a workaround. (Doesn’t help that the video out viewport is always so ridicilously big if one works on lower resolution stuff… i know i can somehow configur it to be a bit smaller, but just having the video bounds be the box in general would be nice )

(Edit: I also did not use track 1 because for some reason i can’t drop effects there, they just randomly end up in track 3, sadly this happens more often then not, also with video clips disapearing into nirvana (and a 30minutes timeline is reallly annoying to move clips in around :D))

screenshot121
screenshot120

1 Like

Medo has some rendering issues on HiDPI:

System font size: 24.

3 Likes

Thx. I actually developed it on a @3840x2160 monitor, however @20px font size.

I have noticed that on 1920x1080 it has scroll bar issues.

On my Todo list.

Thx for feedback.

5 Likes