Youtube is buggy

Work fine!
screenshot752 eg)
screenshot751
screenshot753

screenshot750

screenshot754

1 Like

You have Otter Browser MSE working in hrev55081 x86_64. That is same Haiku nightly I tried it in. I don’t know why its not working for me.

I formatted the Haiku partition and reinstalled Haiku and Otter Browser MSE, thinking that might allow it to show youtube videos but it won’t start. I get a message Missing library, libhyphen.so.0. Why was this not installed with the command: pkgman install otter_broser_mse
I installed hrev55107 x86_64

Open an issue on haiku ports, it is third party and not ports of haiku main base.

Otter MSE is not from HaikuPorts therefore it should NOT reported there but the repo-owner where it came from.

1 Like

I also installed otter browser from the haiku depot and it’s repository. I iinstalled along side Otter browser MSE The Otter browser from haiku depot installed libhyphen.so, That has enabled both the otter browser versions to work showing YouTube videos. They are working because I did a clean install of haiku nightly not just an update.

There is no differnce between a “clean” install and an updated one, simply because the package menagemnt system does not allow inclean states to exist, perhaps you had config lying around somewhere?

I simply think Otter MSE (incorrectly) doesn’t defines some kind of dependency, which was filled by installing Otter from the HaikuPorts repo.

The user should check whats wrong with opening the respective packages with Expander and check the dependencies, which we obviously can’t expect from a user. I would add an extra “Report bugs with this package” button to depot which would either open the issue-tracking system URL of the repository from where the package comes from or at least start an email with the address prefilled to warn the repository author (packages should contain this URL/mail address).

Haiku Porject should not take the responsibility for each repository, and the Haiku forum is a wrong place to report bugs about 3rd repos and their program/ports.

I have had instances with other software and Haiku where the only way to make it work was a fresh install. What do you mean by config lying around? Is the config in read only fs now?
Edit: I just found that folders under the config folder are read/write but config is read only.

I cannot find the repository for Otter Browser MSE.

It is the http://haikuware.ru/repo/lote .

1 Like

config/settings is rw, as is nonpackaged, the tree for packagefs is ro. I doubt that a fresh install is what solved your particular problem, if it was missing dependencies it is much more likely that you inadvertedly installed the missing dep, a fresh install of haiku is generally not needed.

It is also missing dependency of libhyphen.so.0. Even when that was installed before the fresh install, when I had Otter Browser MSE installed with Otter Browser from Haiku ports, none of them would play youtube videos. With both them installed after the fresh Haiku install they both play videos. This could be a coincidence with something else but I have had many times found something suddenly goes right after a fresh install.

http://haikuware.ru/package_list.php?repo=lote

1 Like

I don’t see a proper repository page for Otter Browser MSE with that address. I tried with Otter, Webpositive and Firefox in Linux. repo lote

This has been repeated many times, once more may help. From the terminal, can you please type the following:

pkgman add-repo http://haikuware.ru/repo/lote

Refresh the repositories and try again. Otter MSE only has an x64 version. The above instructions have been verified to work for quite a number of us (on nightly x64).

Do you meant a package list as “proper” repo page?
A repo only have to provide the data for HaikuDepot, everything else is just for the user experience, but not necessary, as adding the repo will list the available packages in the Depot. So why a list then?

This is how you can also waste ‘precious’ time!

What I meant to say I probably worded it wrong. The website for Opera browser MS E to report bugs.

Do you meant you can’t find a way to report bugs about programs provided by LOTE repository, like Otter MSE?