When will Haiku become the basic os in my life.

When will Haiku become the basic os in my life.
I work as a photographer, and I switched to Linux eight years ago because it allows installing Photoshop via Wain
It also supports my old Pentium 4 computer
But in fact I was fed up with the many collapses and broken beams
And wanted to switch to FreeBSD But it is a very difficult environment and does not support a Pentium 4 computer
I really admire the Haikou project, but the development of this project is very slow by comparing the amount of donations to the project, so I think the project leader and his assistants should take a long time to study a more comprehensive project and project objectives.

Who are the target audience to benefit from this project ?,?
Will the day come when we find that there are laptops sold and the Haiku system has been installed in advance as with Ubuntu or SUSE
why not

Recently, companies have been developing open-source computers that are completely free and intimidating to install a stable, reliable, respected and trustworthy user like me

The Haikou system should come out of the Virtual Machine Room and I think it is time to challenge a significant leap in the system architecture and use some free software such as LibraOffice and other software that has become indispensable in everyday life. Of course, installing Photoshop is one of the most important challenges. Software packages so that the user has the right to bring what he wants from the programs and install them through the system without the need for ports or otherwise (and this is the secret to the success of Microsoft and Mac and Ubuntu)
When will the system be a viable daily operation?
I’m fed up with the Virtual Machine

Hi,

I’m already using Haiku as my main operating system for a few years. LibreOffice is available. Photoshop would be great, but as it is closed source one will have to convince Adobe to port it. Meanwhile you can maybe try Wonderbrush, which may or may not be usable as a replacement, depending on what you do (Photoshop is usable for a lot of things, of which Wonderbrush probably covers only a subset).

1 Like

I never knew that donations was a measure of progress. Also, there is no leader. Are you volunteering for the task?

We’re not hiring a leader, thanks.

4 Likes

No, the most important is to run Crysis. Its shame, that after so many donations Haiku still cant run Crysis! But enough of this. Haiku is mess and we need to clean that mess! From now on Im the new Haiku leader. And our new PATH is to run Crysis! @PulkoMandy youre now personally responsible for running Crysis on Haiku till end of december. Quit your full time job, @mohmad.khattab will supply you with any resources you need (money, home, food, water) by donating them.
You all dont need to thanks me, Im doing my community duty. Good day for you all now.

3 Likes

Having not been mentioned to do anything, I, for one, support our new overlord.

3 Likes

one good work.

• for example whu using terminal need terminal and many other small programs to it

• if using 3d printing need all programs like cura, freeCAD, blender etc.

• if using media center need vlc or xmbc

• Android emulation and creating program. This probably will be faster than windows

no one program but all program-chains

If you want it, that’s it.

[quote=“mohmad.khattab, post:1, topic:7988, full:true”]
I work as a photographer, and I switched to Linux eight years ago because it allows installing Photoshop via Wain
It also supports my old Pentium 4 computer
But in fact I was fed up with the many collapses and broken beams
And wanted to switch to FreeBSD But it is a very difficult environment and does not support a Pentium 4 computer[/quote]

I always thought, especially as a photographer, you would mostly work on the latest hardware to take on the latest trends.

In addition, nobody can promise you that a Pentium 4 will always be supported in the future.

First of all, i is HAIKU not Haikou :slight_smile:

The team behind haiku is a very small group of developers, because it is just normal that it does not go so fast.

The audience is currently, above all, developers who want to work on a system.

Since Haiku is a single user system, you will not be able to compare it with LINUX, because this is used above all for servers.

I do not believe that it will ever create another system to replace a windows. In addition, the connections between consumer and sales are too narrow.

Haiku is a fringe group system and there it is currently at home.

The emphasis is on companies, not private leisure programmers.

I have never used haiku in a virtual machine, it runs perfectly on hardware … if you have the right one.

LibreOffice is already available and other software solutions are available too. Haiku is not Microsoft, MacOS or Ubuntu, nor is it a global corporation that has the money it needs to succeed in the market as an end-user system for companies.

If you would like to see haiku as a pre-installed hardware, nobody will stop you from selling it out. But remember, the haiku is still, or better yet, in beta stadium.

If you do not want to run haiku in a virtual machine, then you need to look for a hardware that supports using it on hardware.

Now a question to you, what can you do in the community? What are your strengths? What can you do to help become part of the community? Are you here because you like haiku and do you want to help improve something?

Or are you just one of the people who come here and have something to complain about, only make adjustments, but can not contribute anything?

Can you program? Then create your own solutions or port the software of your choice.

Can you handle graphics well? Then make graphic things to support haiku.

Can you write well? Then write instructions, articles, tests or help to create translations.

Do you just want to have? Then you are unfortunately wrong here

@ mohmad.khattab

You can use WonderBrush (Watch the Haiku Guides and the BeSly knowledge base for tutorials), you also can use ImageMagick (a terminal too) to manipulate your photos. I create a ImageMagick GUI and a MassPictureConverter using the ImageMagick tool behind.

https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide
https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/applications/wonderbrush.html
http://old.besly.de and http://www.besly.de
http://software.besly.de/

1 Like