Tiny Haiku computer

I thought Haiku doesn’t support a second monitor. Or does it only work in Linux?

I just went to the Lenovo website and got the message “Sorry, this product is no longer available” for that product. Just out of curiosity did the wifi work too? At least I could use the tech specs to find a comparable machine.

I was looking at these on eBay a few months ago as a possible Haiku machine. Good to know they work well. They are usually quite cheap too, around $200 or so.

I suspect a lot of these small form factor machines would work well for Haiku. My understanding is a lot of them are former office machines which are off lease or being upgraded, but since CPUs have not improved that much in the last decade they are still decent, especially with enough RAM and a SSD or NVMe drive.

Thanks for the report extrowerk.

2 Likes

Yes, it only works with dual monitor under Linux and the BSDs. My reply was poorly worded.

And yes, @OneRyan , WiFi works under Haiku.

Just bought an internal DP->HDMI converter module (the machine can extended with upto 2 module which can be either SVGA, MDP, DP or serial port, but only one can be used for video, the second one needs to be serial). Now no external adapter required.
The FRU is 04X2752. Works wonderfully.

1 Like

If you haven’t you might submit a report on this to the list of compatible hardware:

2 Likes

It seems the wlan m.2 port is Key-B, possibly accept some kind of SSD-s too (possibly only SATA, or limited to x2 PCIe).

No, it is A-keyed, ofc.

With this adapter i can use an M.2 NVME SSD in the WLAN slot: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07887N7RH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: i mistakenly wrote SATA, but only NVME SSD supported.

I have Mini pc for low money from eBay. It works very well with haiku. It have a sata harddisk port intern and two ram ports (4gb at the moment).

20210518_105350
20210518_105556
20210518_105333

Dell Wyse 7010 Thin Client
Manufacturer: DELL
CPU: AMD G-T56N 1,65 GHz Dual-Core - cores:1
Main memory: DDR3
Memory size: 4
Graphic card (Expanded): none
Sound card onboard: Intel HD Azalia
Sound card expanded: none
Network card: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
Wireless-Network card: Optional Dualband 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless

3 Likes

Yep, but I want to repurchase mine to a TrueNAS node and I want to put many disks into it.
Now it have 2x1TB SSD, 1X256 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM.

2 Likes

HIPER Ultion B365

HIPER_1
HIPER_2
HIPER_3

7 Likes

Is this one Haiku compatible? Everything is working fine? Can you add your hardware data to the Hardware List?

Hardware List for Haiku - Compatibility / Hardware - Haiku Community (haiku-os.org)

2 Likes

Most regular thin clients should work OK, as they tend to use oldish/tried & tested equipment.

(My HP T520 thin clients work.)

1 Like

Hi,

Would you mind posting a link to such a converter, please?

Another question. How are you connecting more disks to the motherboard?

Thank you.

Search for 04X2752 and it comes right up. Looks like this

2 Likes

Yes, mine is similar.

You can use the SATA port and the NVME port(s). The Q series got one NVME m.2 slot while the X series got 2.
You can also install an SSD in the WLAN m.2 slot using an adapter.
And obviously you can attach external disks via USB.

1 Like

What is DP? Anyone knows what it is good for?

DisplayPort
From Wikipedia:
Is a digital display interface developed by a consortium of PC and chip manufacturers and standardized by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). It is primarily used to connect a video source to a display device such as a computer monitor. It can also carry audio, USB, and other forms of data.

1 Like