Computers compatible with Haiku (current version)

12 days later (and yet another mockup, which is what again slowed me down), I have finally updated the hardware list again! :slight_smile: Thanks Jeremy Passarelli, RLeonhardt, and the anonymous contributor for your contributions!

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v6.20) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the anonymous contributor for testing your HP Envy; this should now be listed on the hardware list page and GitHub :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v6.20) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you @Kitsune64 for testing out your Pavilion dv5000! It’s now listed on the hardware list page and GitHub :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

First thank you Lacey and the anonymous contributor for your hardware submissions! These have been added to haiku-computer-list on GitHub and to the hardware list page. :slight_smile:

Improvements

In between the last update and this one, several updates have been made to several areas of this project:

• The biggest changes are to the haiku-computer-list GitHub repo. To make it easier for Haiku developers to parse contributed entries, these are now stored in YAML format, and in addition there are also JSON and plain text versions as well. All old files have been archived and labelled “r1_beta1” and any files in the current release cycle are “r1_beta2” which should make it clear what belongs to what, both now and in future release cycles (like R1/beta3, R1 itself, etc).
  • The hardware form version has been updated to match the current cycle (beta2) with revision beta2.7.22 (for 22 July) instead of the weird way numbers were assigned before. And its also been quietly tweaked to make Google Forms output easier to deal with across formats.

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta2.7.22) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the anonymous contributor(s) for submitting new contributions! These should be both on GitHub and the hardware list page (see links below entries):

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta2.7.22) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the Linux Lounge, Nomadic Dmitry, Fredericke for your hardware contributions :slight_smile: Submitted hardware has been added to the hardware list and GitHub

Please note: A new “review notes” section has been added. This is because I’ve noticed some input from the forms doesn’t make sense; for example, a 2020 MBP was noted as having a working SD card reader. If there are review notes that have been added in error, please post a reply here…

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

After a long break away from maintaining this list, I’m back! :smiley: Huge thanks to everyone who’s submitted hardware entries while I’ve taken a break from the HCL – the entries should now be on the Haiku Computer List website, GitHub, and as always are posted here too :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Thanks to the anonymous contributor for testing your Dell Dimension machine with Haiku! (Please note that this customized machine has been filed under desktops and workstations since the model is from an OEM (Dell)).

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

wait… was there ever a Socket 478 machine with EFI boot support? This looks off specially because the additional notes claiming it has Windows 98 installed.

1 Like

From what I could gather from the report, driver installers were mentioned for Windows 98 - 7 for the ST1000BT32 ethernet card, not that the PC itself ran 98. Also thought I’d mention jic of confusion the additional notes are all one initially… but are broken up into parts to make it easier to parse for YAML and JSON formats (so parts 1, 2, and 3 here are one part just split up). If this has a 32-bit P4, I doubt this old machine has EFI, man… but I’m far from a PC expert — if I or the contributor got something messed up please let everyone know so it can be fixed :slight_smile:

Thank you to the anonymous contributor, and also to Kamino, Alberto, and Marabu for your contributions! These should now be on GitHub and the hardware list page (and here as well):

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you April J, Druaga1, ralf for testing your hardware with Haiku! These should now be visible below, at the Haiku Computer List and the haiku-computer-list on GitHub .

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Sorry everyone it’s taken a long time to get this updated; I’ve been on a personal search plus other stuff so I’m not as active on this as I should be. Thanks for your patience with me Haikuers!

Also thanks to all the contributors this cycle for testing your hardware with :fallen_leaf: Haiku! :smiley: These should now be visible below, at the Haiku Computer List and the haiku-computer-list on GitHub .

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

More to the point, thank YOU.

1 Like

It would be great to have an “automatic” software tool to submit these data to a common online database, IMHO.

Some - maybe - useful (inspiring) resources:
https://alternativeto.net/software/aida64/?license=opensource
https://alternativeto.net/software/hwinfo32/?license=opensource

note: it would be also useful to collect bios/firmware version(s) of tested hardware

1 Like

Thanks – for real; truly hope it helps the Haiku dev team and community! :smiley:

^ totally agree with this – there needs to be a universal hardware tool built into Haiku someday, like in Devices or the About box or something; maybe it could even go right to the dev team that way too.

No.

I keep repeating this.

Piling up automatically collected data is useless to the dev team. What we need is people motivated enough to follow up on their reports, test new nightly builds and see if their issues are fixed. This is true in general already, but especially so for hardware related problems, where we often have no other way to test than asking the user to run a test build.

So, if you have problems with your hardware, and you want them fixed, as a user you need to put some effort in too. Not just click a button and forget about it.

1 Like

True. But it may be nice for the opposite situation: reporting the hardware that does work under Haiku. That way people can easier find the components that do work when they are in the market for a new rig.

2 Likes

Yes, but for this the website linked in this topic is working fine. It’s one thing less the devs have to care about :slight_smile:

Devs don’t have to get involved. If the OT’s Google doc form is the officially sanctioned way of tracking hardware, we should add a “Report your hardware” Web+ bookmark to the image and see where to link to it from the website.

1 Like