QNX in BeOS cloths

I just found a blogpost-series about creating a desktop environment for QNX7:

And here is the end-result:
qtcreator

5 Likes

It looks oddly familiar.

I remember about qnx in the past. I had a 1.2mb dikette and the complete system on it, but they are no interest for normal users only companys. So i come to beos :-).

Funny to see qnx in beos clothers

3 Likes

Had been looking for QNX last week to find it has gone commercial :slight_smile:

I had a 1.44mb diskette :slight_smile: . I had expressed interest (just out of curiosity) and they had sent me nice documentation, for free. Very interesting system. It was around 2000 I think. Very close to the time I learned about BeOS.

Can’t remember how long it has been, but think I got some SDL games running on it back then :slight_smile:

It had always been commercial. It just had a free version to attract devs.

creo que se refieren al “superdrive” pero si no mal recuerdo era un diskette de doble densidad 2.8Mb no de 1.44.

Recuerdo que los “juegos” eran, mejor dicho, demos de OpenGL

QNX is a Blackberry property now…

There Blackberry 10 OS was QNX with QT/QML on top…

But it is still called as qnx, and it is still strong :slight_smile:

I Loved BB 10, hade 2 BB phones and also considering if a QNX powerd media in a new car is nice to have or a must :slight_smile:

Really miss physical keyboards on modern phones, I am one of those who just cannot get used to on-screen typing…
I am sorry that RIM went down leaving less choices to us users and I certainly and deeply hate HP for killing WebOS (at least as a phone choice). But at least I can look at my HP Pre3 right now and slide it out to remember the feeling…

I wonder if this QNX iteration is lighter weight than Haiku. Amiga Inc. considered QNX Neutrino microkernel for basing AmigaOS 4 on before they went with a non-SMP home grown ExecSG.

I use BB 10’s keybord… so nearly as if I hade there physical keybord :slight_smile: