Problems 32Bit Haiku on the Notebook DELL XPS15 L502x

DELL XP15 L502x After several attempts it worked. The boot process from the USB stick was carried out and Haiku runs smoothly!
To get there, I have to before the boat …

1. Deactivate wireless (Internet) using the F2 key
  2. Remove the receiver for the wireless mouse from the USB

After booting, I can then

1. Activate wireless (Internet) again using the F2 key
  2. Plug the receiver for the wireless mouse into the USB

Except for the ‘wrong’ language settings, great!
How can I correct this?

Do not find any entries that are similar to Deutsch, German or Allemania…

You should be able to change system language in Preferences > Locale > Language https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/preferences/locale.html

Thanks for the hint!
With hrev54546 to hrev54547 this is done with the language settings!
The other problems (1. + 2.) still exist!

You should give some info what happens if you dont do 1. and 2.

That’s at the beginning, after the screenshot.

After the second 1. + 2., the mouse and wireless LAN work perfectly!

You need to supply much more information than this. What kind of computer is it? What kind of wlan card? What kind of mouse? What happens exactly, if you dont do 1 and 2? What does the system log says?

OK I will do that. For now, thank you!

I’m currently ‘on the go’ with the Zotac ZBOX IQ01 with Haiku Walter hrev54547 x86_64 - and it works great!

Haiku_on_DELL-XPS-15-L502x Haiku64 now boots from the CD drive in the DELL notebook XPS 15 L502x-6109 without any problems, but only if a warm boot is done from Windows 10 - so the components have been initialized. Otherwise there is chaos!
It is probably a chime when detecting or activating the ‘right’ graphics card Intel (standard) or NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M.
Currently there is no space available on the internal SSD and all my sticks are FULL… therefore, no test installation is possible.
Would Haiku be installed from ‘here’ in such a way that the (previously) detected components are properly initialized after booting Haiku?
If not, this should be possible in the future…

1 Like

No, you will have to warm boot the installed version till the drivers gets fixed.

Thanks, then I’ll wait with the installation until the driver fixed.

Please report a bug at dev.haiku-os.org with an exact description of what happens, and a syslog from both cases (cold boot, and reboot from windows)

3 Likes