Printing in Haiku

I bring this subject up again in hopes that it might be addressed in the Summer of Code. Printing in Haiku SUCKS. Half the programs that should print don’t see any installed printer. Printer setup is easy enough, but you’re screwed when you go to print and get “No printer found.” I’d think this would be a show stopper, but apparently nobody prints anything. We have a really nice port of LibreOffice that can’t print.

1 Like

Yes, it is a bit of a problem, and has been for sometime, despite having a pretty good selection of printer drivers from gutenprint !

Haiku support works fine now. But Qt does not support printing on Haiku. You will have to complain to the people responsible for the Qt port.

1 Like

I think i have not printed anything since i moved to my current home, ~3years ago. scanner/printer is still on its box since moving. Print to pdf +send, and just going to local printing bussiness for anything administrative related solved it.

On the Haiku topic, just wondering, can’t you export to pdf from LO and then print that document in Haiku printing support? :thinking:

Should work just fine

That works for small stuff, but multicolumn spreadsheets get mangled when converting to PDFs.

[quote=“PulkoMandy, post:3, topic:8437”]
But Qt does not support printing on Haiku. You will have to complain to the people responsible for the Qt port.[/quote]

…and they are…?

Hello. There is already a ticket related to printing from QT apps:

2 Likes

See HaikuPorts on GitHub. Anything port related is usually tracked there. Search for the appropriate app or library that is giving you problems. See if there are any related tickets already, such as the one un_spacyar listed above.