Post your Haiku screenshot!

6 Likes

After reading a short, random mention about how closing the lid after powering on my laptop would enable the external monitor, I’m finally able to use Haiku with the full glory of a 3440x1440 monitor. How did I not know about that before? :man_facepalming:

17 Likes

Hi here is a nother one

5 Likes

cool wallpaper, maybe you can share it with us :V

Playing around a bit, doing lots of screenies amonst this one for Kiten, if there is some interest in it maybe it could be added to the depot. :slight_smile:

EDIT: seems the 23.08.5 doesn’t want to launch for KF5/Qt5, so nothing to release yet.

1 Like

Hi i cant do it here the upload takes to long time.

:rofl:so simple, but i like

5 Likes

Ahoy @cosmogatokat ,

That wallpaper I just found in official Community Wallpaper package, in the last folder. It was provided by Ville Eriksen.

As in my package installation notes →

This is the one and only solution, as if I would upload for you … my post may banned
as although the wallpaper is a PNG file (5120X2880) , its size is 12.5 MB

[-O-] ← ( Darth Vader itself would hunt me down ! :)) )

So back on track …

1) pkgman install wallpaper_community

2) locate the file after the community Wallpaper package successfully installed

~> ls -l /boot/system/data/artwork/
HAIKU logo - white on blue - big.png     HAIKU logo - white on blue - normal.png  wallpaper/
~> ls -l /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper/community/Ville-Eriksen_Simple-White/
total 12803
-r--r--r-- 1 user root      212 dec.    8  2022  INFO
-r--r--r-- 1 user root 13109696 dec.    8  2022 'Simple White.png'
~> 

I hope it was useful for you, and anyone who also interested in this specific wallpaper.
You can browse the whole package directory and the unsplash one as well, if you also installed that.

WARNING :
Community Wallpaper package requires 311 MB storage space.
it contains HUGE wallpapers - e.g. one person sent in 8K wallpapers, as I could learn that recently - using GwenView for browsing them.

~> du -hs /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper
319M    /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper
~> du -hs /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper/community/
311M    /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper/community/
~> du -hs /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper/unsplash/
7,8M    /boot/system/data/artwork/wallpaper/unsplash/
~> 

Now me also back to my prev activities

• start browsing wallpapers of unsplash package directory as community one has just finished !.. -
    I did basically this post as just remembered some folk found a similar or this wallpaper as passed their taste, and requested to be shared.
    So, I re-visited this thread and made sure I was right in my recall ;-{))

Enjoy ! :fireworks:

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

People tend to think 8K is huge but they tend to think of it in relation to TV screen sizes. In terms of photography (where many desktop backgrounds come from) 8K is equivalent to 33 megapixels which is pretty normal for photography these days. 4K is just 8.3 megapixels, so equivalent to many point ‘n’ shoot cameras from around 2010. Of course, computer monitors are way behind the detail recording ability of cameras but they are advancing…

1 Like

This is the best DeskBar position, as it allows a maximized window to use the whole screen with every element of the deskbar still accessible, and I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

2 Likes

The along-the-top position is better.

Default position works fine for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice wallpaper

1 Like

It’s definitely functional, and looks nice as well. However I am so used to the default deskbar that the few times I tried to customize it (I made it looking similar to yours, among others) in the end I just returned to the default. The best taskbar is the one you like and works for you.
And I don’t even use the taskbar much. Mouse is slow, using keyboards shortcuts and QuickLaunch is much faster.

1 Like

Consider the following:

• Vertical space is much more valuable than horizontal space
  • It takes more than one click to switch to another window with your Deskbar position

Seeing as deskbar in this configuration is the same height as the window tabs I don‘t see how you loose any space; )

1 Like

If you’re using any serious creation tools like IDEs, video editors, DAWs, animation editors, etc…, ALL screen space is valuable.