Travelling to home.
Kép

3 Likes

Déli Pályaudvar?

Keleti.

The other main station is the West-Station, designed/built by the Eiffel team:

The Déli (southern) which you meant is built much later:

1 Like

Yes, of course. Keleti was what I ment, bit didn’t write…

Miss Hungary and Budapest :heart:. Not been there the last two years.

Today I was busy setting up my old computers for new year’s greetings…
ORIC_NewYear2021_DSCN1029

And I’m preparing for the FOSDEM RetroComputing devroom next week-end.

10 Likes

I’m a former chemist, now a behavioral health counselor by trade.
I’m learning HTML5.
Restoring a Dual 866Mz Mac
Raising a lovely daughter with my lovely wife.
And I make movies on the side… https://www.amazon.com/Prolonged-Exposure-Dean-Cain/dp/B07PYJ461J

I need more sleep.

2 Likes

Wow! I used to own an Oric Amos. Great little machine. Shame it bombed in the UK and bizarre how popular it was outside of the UK, even after the UK parent company folded. Here, it’s seen as just another of those crazy failed British 80’s machines.

Recently, I have been learning the PSP SDK and thinking about writing a decent tutorial. Everything I can find online is pretty vague after the basics. I got the SDK to compile (mostly) under MacOS Catalina last night so I don’t have to boot in to Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro to use it now :wink: (I would see about Haiku, but the main issue is that my Haiku Laptop is in a box somewhere in storage…) I also have the vague idea that I’ll port DotNet Anywhere to PSP. It looks feasible. I might look at Haiku in the future too.

I’m also awaiting a house move, where I will finally repatriate my old PowerPC hardware and see what the damage is of it being stored for 5 years. And will also have the rest of my hardware again. I have the absolute minimum at the moment. :frowning:

I’m also thinking of trying to jump on the courseware train, and produce some programming tutorial for something like Udemy. I was a trainer back in the early 2000s so I think I can pull it off. I’ll do one course and see how it goes, but I’m thinking mobile development for Android and iOS using Xamarin and C# is probably my goal (as I do that in the day job and it would be pretty easy to do as a first course.) I also want to do one where you do all the basics in VSCode, and don’t touch a real IDE. Because too many courses I’ve seen start with “lets install Visual Studio”.

why not use an USB-Drive with Haiku. It works just fine and is a nice way to test the new features?

I have never managed to get it to boot on my Surface Pro 2, nor my MacBook Pro pre-retina 2012. I will try again. The Surface Pro 2 just failed hard and the keyboard seemed to not work. I could try putting it on a SD card and booting from that on the MacBook though. The Laptop just works though (although only 32bit)

Yeah, a French company even bought it then, but they failed ultimately, the Telestrat was not on par with the Atari ST and Amiga around…

Both Mac and Suface flatly refuse to boot from the latest nightly put on to a USB key. The Mac hangs if I select the “EFI boot” partition, and also if I select another partition that appears to also be from the key and is called “Windows” under the standard boot selector you get when you hold down option on boot. I’m not willing to install a boot manager at this point. The surface is already set to not have protected boot turned on (the screen is red, if you know the surface you know what that means), but if I boot to “Advance boot menu” and select “boot from USB device” it reboots and then after a slight pause, it boots to Windows. I don’t have another computer to try on at the moment unfortunately. I do want to get Haiku running properly, so, I’ll look for a 64-bit capable Haiku box at that point.

So, having had time this weekend, I got the DotNet Anywhere interpreter and runtime to compile for PSP and have some very basic code running on PSP.

Etot5kJWYAIxuCx
EtozZC9WQAAV1xA
EtozYUtWQAEBDUq

Enjoying our dogs loving the snow/ice :slight_smile:
DSC_1329_tris DSC_1335_bis DSC_1332_bis

11 Likes

Now enjoying a bit of the warmer weather with our dogs (in and outside of the house) :wink:
DSC_1383_bis DSC_1385 DSC_1392_bis DSC_1394_bis DSC_1398_bis DSC_1400_bis DSC_1403_bis DSC_1405_bis DSC_1411_bis

7 Likes

Our two “kids”. Our real kids are adult and far away from home.
PXL_20201224_125633977.PORTRAIT~2
_DSC4474
IMG_20200519_190345

And my hobby is my Kawasaki 1100 Horizont from 1995:
IMG_20200822_170209

With my motorbike I did a short trip today in warm and sunny weather. The new season started! :smiley:

4 Likes

Still messing with things i am not supposed to touch. Idk what am i doing wrong.

Kép

But:
Kép

2 Likes

This is clearly an Haiku terminal so it is not outside of Haiku :wink:

Anyway, I’ve been designing and assembling some hardware expansions for my Amstrad CPC again:

2021-03-03-082057_1920x1039_scrot

5 Likes