Outside of Haiku, what are you doing?

@brunobastardi: it does work in Otter though.

1 Like

I’ve been taking care of a new baby that’s 16 days old today. It’s been a pretty amazing (and terrifying) experience so far.

Hobbies like working on Haiku will have to wait for a while since I have very little free time now, although things are getting easier every day and we are starting to get more regular sleep.

10 Likes

Keep up man!

Hey congrats! :smiley:

Congrats to the new family member, a baby is mostly new, iirc. And it will grow up and get older but it will be still your baby. As long as they are still small they are small troublemaker, but if they grow older they become bigger ones.
So enjoy your time with the baby and see you soon.

1 Like

I tried many times to get video in my Drupal-website, just to find out the videos wont show up in Haiku.
Long time I did not try it again.

Congrats and enjoy the time while they are young, once they know how to use their feet it’s like constantly running after them :slight_smile:

Consider yourself lucky if you begin to sleep better in just 16 days !! :slight_smile:
We have 2,5 years old twin boys and sleep is not always normal still…and of course no free time at all…the only thing I can do (aside from day job) is to read this forum…

There seems to be a problem in YouTube or Web+ now, all videos I tried will not work/play.

1 Like

Same here. I just installed a nightly on QEMU yesterday and no luck with YT on Web+

Congratulations Kyle. Life outside Haiku now has meaning … (but you’re kidding yourself if you think you’ll have any free time for the next 5-8 years).

Speaking of free time, there is amazing energy lately in Amiga scene. I couldn’t figure out where its coming from and then it dawned on me. People who grew up with Amiga’s are now starting to “retire”, and all the professionals now have time to spend with their hobbies that they’ve been putting off for decades. So in 20 or so years, expect an amazing insurgance of Haiku developers with free time on their hands.

4 Likes

What beautiful magic is this? Light of day must be applied to this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Said goodbye to our old Ice yesterday :cry:
Ice-23-07-2020_lastone

7 Likes

They are more than simple mascots. What a pity.

1 Like

Said farewell to our puppy leaving to the states (flights from Luxembourg to Dallas), save travels sweety :heart:
Amira_leaving_20.01.2021

4 Likes

Boring stuff like fixing some sketchy rural plumbing by the last owner…

Adding a first flush to our rainwater system
rainwater

Chopping wood cut from a large downed tree
tree

I try not to do too much computer stuff in my free-time anymore :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Playing Banjo.
Programming in Lua.
Learning foreign languages.
Nerding out on theology.

2020 certainly was an interesting year.

2 Likes

Just made a modern compiler toolchain (GCC 8.3.0) for my rusty old phone. I cant update the runtime libs on the phone, but it is almost working.

I have to pass a spec to eliminate the libgcc requirements from the dynamically linked c++ programs, i think.

Kép

6 Likes

You can use -Wl,-static-libgcc to link libgcc statically. According to the documentation, there are some limitations to this, in particular if you want to throw exceptions in a .so and catch it in an executable or things like that.

Yeah, i already tested that way, it works :slight_smile:

1 Like