New UI font proposal

Don’t get me wrong, but while everybody likes the consistent look and feel of Haiku, it would be nice to have a professionally designed font to make the UI more accessible, readable and modern. I would propose to replace the Noto fonts with this: https://hellveticafont.com/

Before you ask, this is a joke, this is why i put it into Off-Topic.

6 Likes

Looks not really good your font

Could’ve been saved as an April Fools’ prank :smiley: but anyway… the real Helvetica (or something like Liberation Sans or FreeSans) wouldn’t be a bad idea. I personally loved when Noto Sans took over for DejaVu Sans, but could also see where these would also be a good fit.

what’s the point? web+ can do that without any special font

4 Likes

iT Is A Jok E…

Nice idea… great font… very aggressive punk font…
I love it!

The font is great… for conversation/rebellion/discussion…
to get attention…

It is a great art font!

This font is overcomplicated and irregular. Haiku needs something simpler, and slicker. And square like all the ui. I would like to suggest the Ahem font for it’s elegance and simplicity.

http://www.eaglefonts.com/ahem-ttf-6267.htm

8 Likes

Ahem is a very very simple white text on white background…

with hellvetica finally everyone will enjoy the outstanding font rendering of ms office! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inconsolato Go are better

FYI this was a joke thread not a serious one, if you want a different font just change it yourself…

A joke? Is it?

I did the proposal, so i can say it is.

1 Like

No no noooooo… !
That cannot be a joke!
If you have to explain a joke it is no more joke at all.

This is a joke, we dont have to discuss sbout it at all. Please do not care about thus stuff.
Thank you.
I shouldn’t create this thread at all.

Sure you should have. People had fun with it. It can’t all be stodgy business.

3 Likes

It’s a joke, not a KDL. Don’t take it so hard. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I might actually change my font to this one. Chaos is fun.