New Project: BeSly System Analysis Tool (BeSlySAT)

New version now on our Repository server: http://software.besly.de (downloadable over HaikuDepot too)

http://software.besly.de/images/BeSlySAT.png

I add more settings and store many system informations:

• Kind of PC

• USB 1 to USB3

• Manufacturer Year

• Model Number

• Export User Database to Desktop (als ZIP file)

• Notice

• Store system informations: syslog, listusb, listdev…

Greetings Lelldorin

I apologize if there hasn’t been any activity from me on Land of the Leaves, but I haven’t had time to improve the hardware page (or the site, for that matter) lately… and I’ve got to get to that sometime, as it needs serious TLC. Any time I’ve had to spare has been going into Poem, and other work I’ve got pending. I’d like to get a much better Google Form set up, redo the ‘museum’ section and add the BeIA stuff, and overall fix it up, as it’s in pretty bad shape right now, but realistically, I might not get around to all that until November.

But, anyway… if your project could obsolete the old computer compatibility list, that would be awesome! As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I’ve been waiting for Haiku to finally have a good hardware reporting tool. BeSly looks great so far, and I wish it luck! :slight_smile:

Hi lelldorin,

Haven’t been able to give it a go yet, but from the screenshot, just a correction to make if you don’t mind. The line regarding the screen resolution, it should be changed to something like “Are you able to use your monitor’s native resolution?”, or similar.

Cheers :slight_smile:

[quote=NoHaikuForMe]
Although “Witch” is an English word it refers to a person (usually a woman) who performs magic spells or it functions as a pejorative.[/quote]

LOL - That’s a little funny but, on the other hand my spanish, german, icelandic, and norwegian are pretty poor, so I cannot say much about the OP in that area. The word “which” is almost always misused, and should in most circumstances be replaced with “that” - if I correctly remember my old english marm from long ago.

@Lelldorin: I tried connecting to the “.hpkg” package file link this AM, but the server appeared to be offline.

[quote=humdinger]Hi!

Definitely a welcome initiative!
In case you weren’t aware, there’s a script by mmu_man, HardwareChecker.sh. It’s been there for a while and the only thing really missing was a server backend to store and present and query the sent forms. Maybe you can find some inspiration from the info it gathers.

Regards,
Humdinger[/quote]

I downloaded and tried this script. It does an excellent job IMO. It’s a keeper.

New version with changed english text. Thanks guys for your help.

i have heared that to use and understand BeSlySAT is to complicated. a tutorial will be come later.

here a short description:

• select and enter all known informations about you hardware.

• select in the database menu add hardwaredata
    – your hardware data saved

• in the database part (tab) your and all available hardware data will be listed

• to send you hardware profile to besly, select send hardware data to besly in the database menu.

• you only can send the data, if you select the database entry first
  • a mail will be generated automatically. press send to send it to us

• to get the lated database select in the database menu update database

tutorial online: http://besly.de/menu/search/archiv/misc/beslysat.html

Since the program crashes ( closes without any error message ) and won’t allow one to send the information, there will never be any data feedback. The project is a great idea, it just needs to get the bugs worked out.

BeSly Software Solutions
Developers: Christian Albrecht, Lorenz Glaser
Version 0.2.1 - Oktober 2015

– EDIT –

I removed the .besly folder in /boot/home ( this should really be moved to /boot/home/config/settings/besly ) and the program re-built the database and it seemed to work this time. My issue may have something to do with having installed and attempted to run a previous version.

no feedback, no incomming hardware data, no interest?

i should close this project?

[quote=bbjimmy]Since the program crashes ( closes without any error message ) and won’t allow one to send the information, there will never be any data feedback. The project is a great idea, it just needs to get the bugs worked out.

BeSly Software Solutions
Developers: Christian Albrecht, Lorenz Glaser
Version 0.2.1 - Oktober 2015

– EDIT –

I removed the .besly folder in /boot/home ( this should really be moved to /boot/home/config/settings/besly ) and the program re-built the database and it seemed to work this time. My issue may have something to do with having installed and attempted to run a previous version.[/quote]

ok i will see to local this error. i never have it by myself.

such bugs are not possible to solve without a bug report.

i have some problems with storing userdata into a settings folder. this is not correct. i select the hone folder for the User file because it is the right folder in my eyes. and so long haiku have so many changes and writing rights changes i let them there. we can talk about this past haiku r1.

No, don’t close the project.
I downloaded the latest revision yesterday, but the hpkg will not install.
I’ll find time this week to give it a try and report back with any issues.

[quote=vidrep]No, don’t close the project.
I downloaded the latest revision yesterday, but the hpkg will not install.
I’ll find time this week to give it a try and report back with any issues.[/quote]

first deinstall old Version if you have it installed. deinstall and install over haikudepot makes some times problems. here it install without any problems.

I do not have an old version installed. When attempting to install the hpkg, HaikuDepot opens but there is no dialog for a install. This was using hrev49777 x86_gcc2.

you install the hpkg? you do not install using haikudepot? try it

Let me be more clear…
If you download the hpkg and click on it to do the install, it launches HaikuDepot, but there is not any installation dialog for the package so you can install it.
I had the exact same problem before (see comments above from 2015-09-30).

Ah ok i understand, i try it by myself and i got the same problem. I will contact our repo admin to solve this.

Please follow the instructions of the tutorial and add our repo to HaikuDepot and then install over HaikuDepot directly.

Tutorial: http://besly.de/menu/search/archiv/misc/beslysat.html

I added your repo to Haiku Depot, and successfully installed the app. I’m currently running 2 desktops and 1 laptop with Haiku. So, I plan on trying out the app over the next couple of days and sending you some hardware profiles.
Since I have not used the app yet, I did not notice if there is any provision for peripheral hardware e.g. Printers.
Can the user guide be made available in PDF format for download? I like to have hard copies of such things. Another benefit is that a PDF can be redlined in Adobe for spelling/grammar errors and possible interface suggestions/improvements.

Will be fine :slight_smile:

No printer support information does not included yet, interesting thing for the next version. I never used my printer in Haiku, because i never get them running. In Zeta i used my printer using Sanity,

I can make a PDF out of it, but the documentation is written in german and i does not make a directly translation into english at the moment. You only can translate it using google translate over the website. If you like, translate the documentation for us :-).

I created my first report with BeSLYSAT and sent it to you using the “database->Send Your Database to BeSLY”.
Let me know if it was received, and if there were any anomalies.