Name that Firefox port

I like the icon :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about Redleaves - refers to “red” fox; Haiku’s “red leaves” in its icon; it also sounds like “read”; and includes “leaves” as in “web pages”;. Putting it all together: “I red (read) lots of leaves (web pages) today with Haiku’s (redfox) browser”. Tech humour - gotta love it. :smile:

1 Like

FireFox was initially called Phoenix…then FireBird and finally its current name. Then later, I started using the 64-bit version of the FireFox fork in my Windows OS’es: WaterFox.

So why not choose AirFox or EarthFox (maintaining the elemental naming scheme). Just an idea…

1 Like

In the theme:

Leafox (Leaffox)

Oh no, that thread where everyone invents a name for a web browser that doesn’t exist yet :laughing:

We already had one of these for picking the WebPositive name, back in 2009. Maybe some of the names suggested there can still be useful?

11 Likes

Yeah that was inevitable. Suggesting random names is so much easier than developing/porting a web browser…

3 Likes

And we have alreay logo-proposals aswell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Foxy browser :fox_face::fox_face:

Seemonkey? Lol

1 Like

Hikky Monkey :smile:

Where was that WebPositive naming thread?

Seeing “Kitsune” there gave me the idea of suggesting “Kitsunebi”, which means fox-fire. It has the elemental motif, related to foxes and ties in with the japanese origins of haikus.

That’s almost great, but it’s a bit too long IMO. Ideally, the chosen name would be two syllables (like Firefox) or less. Maybe three syllables long at most (like BeZilla)? Then again, NetPositive and WebPositive.

1 Like

hm very hard quest to find name :smiley:

i vote for one of geckon from nintendoooo world:
Glydon browser
Goomba browser !!!
Yoshi browser

N O

Absolutely not, given Nintendo’s very litigious reputation.

i agree, this was only for unstressing, nintendo have copyright for their items

More like stressing, then.

IMHO, the name is not that importante, people look more at the icon. If the icon is good enough, and get associated with the “browsey” nature of the software, most people will just look for and click at the icon / shortcut.

Imitating WebPositive and NetPositive:

WebFox
NetFox

2 Likes

webfoxpositive or netfoxpositive :grinning:

Y’all go with what you want. I’m gonna call it “Banana Browser” or “Badger Browser”.

foxtailer, from “foxtail”
foxglover, from “foxglove”
foxsledger, from “fox-sedge”

All plants, most with leaves, so references both Firefox and Haiku.