My progress in porting Wine

Yes thank you

Looks in the last update, hrev56578+93 Oct 20 2023, now wine can run as example winecfg, i made some small tests

Winrar, setup and program working at 100%
Totalcommander, setup and program working at 100%
7-zip 22.03, setup crashes, un7ziped manually the data then the file manager works great

4 Likes

27 Likes

FInally I can ignore that toxic browser on Haiku too :grin:

That would be great, being able to run a fully featured browser from Haiku is the only thing that I miss to make it my default OS, what are the performances of Palemoon on Wine when streaming? Does it do YT 1080p for example?

I ask because I’m interested in using WebRTC live video for cloud gaming

3 Likes

Nice. Very cool. Does this also run on Nightly? Last time I tried Wine it was broken on Nightly.

I wouldn’t bet on WebRTC working out of the box since it has to talk to the camera and speakers/mic. At least not untill the wine layer had those hooked up.

Oh yeah, I don’t have high expectations. But most of my use cases for WebRTC are to access remote desktops or applications via streaming, so they wouldn’t require microphone or camera, just the ability to receive live video and audio streams.

WINE64 is working again. Palemoon is not.

3 Likes

hmm strange, I tried using wine64 on a new install and it’s still doing the thing where the program loads and there is a window frame but the GUI doesn’t redraw.

Same for me, any app I start has a blank window

Winmerge and notepad++ both work fine

5 Likes

weird, I just tried again after running software updater, no change, even trying to use the bundled notepad and etc, the window never paints any of its content and just displays a snapshot of whatever was behind it when it was created.

So, I just did a clean build and installed over the top of a working wine and now it doesn’t work… :frowning: I’ll do a diff between the system folders and see if I can find the change…

You can reinstall the old one from /system/packages and there in a state folder with plgman install path/to/file

Which one do you mean?

Pale moon​​​​​

tried this again tonight on hrev56737, same result. on the latest nightly just crashes immediately with “wine client error: 24: partial write 64”

@Wildman what is the version of Wine do you use to run Palemoon ?

It is likely caused by recent Waddlesplash kernel socket changes. Downgrading to older revisions may help.

2 Likes