KDE Frameworks 5 and KDE apps

You can install Calligra and Krita to get them.

1 Like

I am very excited to see KDevelop working on Haiku! It is helping to ease my transition to C++. Thank you for porting it!

KDE Games:
screenshot146
screenshot147
screenshot148
screenshot149
screenshot150
screenshot151
screenshot152
screenshot153
screenshot154
screenshot155
screenshot156
screenshot157
screenshot158
screenshot159
screenshot160
screenshot161
screenshot162

11 Likes

screenshot163

8 Likes

Been wondering whether it would be possible to have KDE Connect ported to Haiku. One the one hand, most of its deps are available already. On the other hand, it seems to integrate more deeply with the system than most KDE apps.

Would it be worth attempting to port it over wholesale or should a native Haiku implementation be done instead? The latter could open up some integration possibilities like Tracker add-ons and storing metadata in BFS.

Thanks for all the work you are doing here! :clap:

3 Likes

screenshot147

7 Likes

screenshot165

4 Likes

Yeah naval battle

Network game works fine )

4 Likes

screenshot166

4 Likes

Blinker does not run. I have no sounds and i can not select anything

Blinker does not run. I have no sounds and i can not select anything

Try open from Terminal please.
Sounds works fine for me.

On nightly x64, I have sounds but there seems to be at bit of noise at beginning and end of them. Like a sound switch turned on and off. I don’t have that playing sounds directly from blinken data directory with MediaPlayer.
@lelldorin Is this on nightly 32bits?

big thanks to you @3dEyes … thanks you soooo much… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

It’s bug in my gstreamer port (most likely). Blinken use phonon4qt → phonon → phono_gstreamer_plugin → gstreamer ->.haiku output plugin → mediakit !!! Aaaaaaa!

5 Likes

Konsole

screenshot1

12 Likes

This is huge. I’ve tried it briefly, although it’s not smooth as the Haiku Terminal, it surely will play a big role in attracting more technical people.

1 Like

I feel like it would be better building one just for Haiku since it would be better integrated into the system.

Although, supporting other platforms’ apps would be a big bonus too. Maybe we could implement some sort of system framework the apps could communicate with and then port KDE Connect etc. over to Haiku and integrate it with that framework.

1 Like

What are significant benefits of Konsole over Haiku Terminal?