KDE Frameworks 5 and KDE apps

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'packageInfo'

I think this could be because you didn’t specify your name in haikuports.conf (I thought it was fixed in git)

Maybe it is solved already, but nobody told to the users that they needs to update the haikuporter checkout regulary.

It could have some kind of automatic update.

There is KDevelop (A cross-platform IDE for C, C++, Python, QML/JavaScript and PHP) build for Haiku?

Well i think it’ gotta be something else then, because i have my name in the haikuports.conf file and i did a git pull for haikupoter tool right after i got this error but it still the same .

Do you have your name and e-mail set in haikuports.conf?

I had a similar error yesterday when trying to build Otter-Browser. It too said “Fetching package for lib:libgl_x86 >= 1.0.0 … Nothing to do.” (not sure about the exact version anymore).
Luckily mmlr was around on IRC and it turned out that I had an old mesa_x86 package in my system. This tripped up pkgman in some way, that mmlr is now aware of and can hopefully fix eventually.

The solution for me was to do a “pkgman full-sync”, which I haven’t done after switching to the new “eu” repo. I decided to let it uninstall anything that would conflict. After a reboot I tried again and it all worked.
Thanks mmlr!

1 Like

7 Likes

4.0 KB free :slight_smile:
I know, it is RO.

Does it have KIOSlaves or is it too much Linux specific code?

KIOSlaves seem to be part of KIO package. Don’t think they are Linux specific, at least I see 5 of them in the package.

KDE Connect when /s

But seriously, great work to all the team porting all this stuff over.
Getting Trojita working has given me an IMAP client that isn’t horribly out of date.
If you need any specific apps that need testing, I’ll volunteer my netbook to help.

Would it be easy to port kDevelop? I havent been coding in BeOS nor haiku for over 10 years, but last time I used Pe and Makefiles, but it would be really nice to have an editor with auto completion. (There was an addon for BeIDE, but it was kind of buggy). “Dont Worry” it was called, I think.

1 Like

There’s Qt Creator already ported and in the x86_64 repo (and maybe the gcc2 hybrid repo too, but I haven’t checked). It has autocomplete, although the pop-up seems to disappear, but it is very usable - I’m coding a native Haiku project with it, using cmake.

Chris

4 Likes

IMHO the haiku debugger already covers the hardest parts of what an IDE needs to do. The rest is building a project and editing code…

Hmm… can the haiku debugger attach to a remote gdb session? I think I saw something about it somewhere… that would be really cool.

Monkey Studio would be a possible alternative, however it does not seem to be in the repos yet. I think it should not be too hard to port.

I’m sticking with old-fashioned vim, however :slight_smile:

Nerd :slight_smile:
I used VI and CC-tags on my first job, 15:ish years ago. Nowadays its Xcode all the way.

Just asking since accessing cd-rom content in dolphin as ogg files to simply copy paste around has been nice… until they borked it and it stopped working.

If auto-completion would not totally fail if you need to have Obj-C wrappers for puny customers…

I just fixed Monkey Studio to work with the latest Qt5 and the package is already available in x86_64 repo.

9 Likes

I also just use vim, though I find it a bit lacking when it comes to debugging (I normally just use raw gdb for that). In haiku this isn’t so much of a problem, since the debugger is so good.