IMAP sync folders

I think moving to trash does indeed not work, maybe make a ticket?

Unread sync works for me fine

Thank you. I will write a ticket.

For testing I chose my other mail - iCloud. The same again. Moving mails from one folder to another does not work either. I get many mails a day and use several different devices. So I will look for another mail client in Haiku.
icloud works nice in the Dooble browser, btw.

I use iOS mail with my own server, moving emails updates the Haiku version, probably the other side needs to be implemented, would be nice to have a ticket for that.

Now it works. I don’t know what happened. Yesterday I rebooted several times and the sync failed. Then I powered Haiku off in the night and booted now again in the morning. The sync works now with iCloud mail and Mailbox.org. Magic. :grin:
I’m very happy.

iCloud SMTP does not work, does it?
At least for me…

@Nexus-6 iCloud SMTP works with a little “trick”.
Use the address with the port 587: smtp.mail.me.com:587
Authentication: ESMTP
Works.

screenshot1

Are you sure? ICloud SMTP requires STARTTLS, there is no way to establish an unencrypted communication.
I’ve tried to make it work for a couple of years (even by debugging libnetapi, libbe and the SMTP client) to no avail.

that’s not icloud, even if the label sais that

I made a mistake here. You’re right. Icloud mail smtp does not work. Sorry.
@nephele Yes, it is the icloud mail server address.

You gave me hope for a few seconds :grinning:
I think the problem is in the OpenSSL implementation, after following the white rabbit a bit into the hole I stopped when I needed to debug it (libssl not the rabbit).
The only application which supports iCloud is ClawsMail but is a bit slow and lacks any sort of notification atm.

Is there a bug report? What would be the problem? I use TLS with my own mail server and that works.

Is this provider free for use?
Many others seem to only allow IMAP to “less secure applications” if you’re paying for them, and I think Gmail has removed it entirely.
I would greatly like to be able to use the mail system even if I needed to set up another account.

Gmail is working, extensive thread over here:

1 Like

@DS-TechMedia You can register an Apple account for free. You can log into the iCloud and use it for free as well. But only with some limited main functions. To use the complete cloud with all features you need an Apple device.

1 Like

The mail account from Mailbox.org works perfect. It’s enough for me, because it is my main account. And the one from iCloud I use only for reading mails most of time.

1 Like

Fastmail works aswell

1 Like

I checked out that thread you replied, and those are from 2010.
As I understand it Gmail used to allow “insecure logins” up until maybe a year ago.
I’ll re-try things, but I spent a good bit of time trying to get it to work for my Haiku video.
I have a second one planned, but haven’t had time to start on it and I’m currently running Haiku inside of VMware.
I’ve struggled with e-mail apps before as it’s my preferred way to use mail on Linux.

I guess Google still allows you to set an application specific password. I use old email software that requires an application specific password to work.

You can still use app passwords
https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords