ImageMagickGUI - BeSly

At the last weeks i am working on a GUI of ImageMagick.

I add all filters into the app i found in the internet using there description. I sort the filters by “convert” and “mogrify”, but this too commands do allmost the same.

Now, i want to change the GUI to let the user select that command he want to use. But to do this i need to rebuild the menu structure.

I need some help with finding the right way to sort the filters under the right subfolders.

These are all filters unsorted:

abstract-oil-paint adaptive-blur adaptive-sharpen auto-gamma auto-level auto-orient blur border brightness-contrast channel charcoal collage colorize colors colorspace contrast contrast-stretch convert_video-to-gif crop cycle despeckle edge emboss enhance equalize flip flop gamma gaussian-blur gaussian-noise grayscale implode kuwahara magnify mean-shift median modulate modulate-hue monochrome motion-blur negate noise normalize ordered-dither orient paint polaroid radial-blur raise resample resize roll rotate scale selective-blur sepia-tone shade sharpen shear sigmoidal-contrast size sketch solarize spread swirl unsharp vignette wave wavelet-denoise

Here are the separated filters, but not sure this is the right naming and sorting:

align:
- auto-orient
- flip
- flop
- orient
- rotate

blurring:
- adaptive-blur
- blur
- gaussian-blur
- motion-blur
- radial-blur
- selective-blur

colors:
- auto-gamma
- auto-level
- channel
- colorize
- colors
- colorspace
- gamma
- mean-shift

effects:
- abstract-oil-paint
- border
- charcoal
- collage
- cycle
- despeckle
-  edge
- emboss
- grayscale
- implode
- kuwahara
- median
- modulate
- modulate-hue
- monochrome
- negate
- ordered-dither
- paint
- polaroid
- raise
- roll
- sepia-tone
- shade
- shear
- sketch
- solarize
- spread
- swirl
- vignette
- wave
- wavelet-denoise

sharping:
- adaptive-sharpen
- brightness-contrast
- contrast
- contrast-stretch
- enhance
- gaussian-noise
- noise
- normalize
- sharpen
- sigmoidal-contrast
- unsharp

size:
- crop
- equalize
- magnify
- resample
- resize
- scale
- size

My plan is to make the command “convert” and “mogrify” selectable in the filters menu.

Will be fine then you can help me.

Greetings Lelldorin

Looks nice! [Not sure I’d say that ‘convert’ and ‘mogrify’ are similar, though! :slight_smile: I’m pretty fanatical about keeping my original untouched, so I seldom use mogrify, which overwrites it’s source.]

Your sorting looks mostly OK to my eyes. The only bit I don’t like is bundling all that stuff under “sharping”. Contrast and Sharpen seem to be rather different transformations, as do other things, like Noise. The category header certainly seems wrong to me, but I’m blanking on anything better ATM.

yes the different between convert and mogrify is that you need to set a input and output file at convert and at mogrify the input is the output file. I see no other diffent between this two commands. I have read that convert is better for combination of more functions in one string.

The gui does not overwrite the original file, it makes a copy and work with it. Only then the user save the file the original file can be overwritten (by the user if he want).

i does not want to make the menu too big, so i need short titles. All this categories are suggestions. I does not find a better one for the moment.

Can user add its own command line for ImageMagik in your app?
Is there will be Tracker addon for the app?

No, but it is an interesting issue for the future :-). Templates will be fine

I does not know if it is possible to make this in yab. You mean “right click” on a image and then “open with imagemagickGUI” right?

Idea is select a group of files and execute on them some filter or sequence of filters (can your app do that?).
If this will work with “open with…”, then Tracker addon will be not needed.

No, i think this is not doable with yab.

But sounds like an interesting project for someone who can do that.

I’m working on something along those lines.

Just asking, but what’s the attraction of Tracker Add-ons for this sort of thing? I use “Open Terminal” (endlessly) and “FileTypes” and “Zip-O-Matic” are very handy, but when I’m working on a specific type of file – such as an image – I much prefer to have a handy icon somewhere that I can drop selected files on. I prefer to keep the set of add-ons nice and sparse.

You can add keyboard shortcut for some addon.

Possible on this would be some scripts who flip or rotate, normalize an image using context menu.

A multiple image change function is not included my gui. But could be a issue for the future.

Back to the main question. I think i sort the menu aphabetically like a-e f-j k-o p-t u-z, so i have 5 menu header with the functions included.

sometimes all you wanna do is rotate an image or convert from one filetype to another.

Hello demoklas

new version out with template system: http//software.besly.de

Version 0.9-1

• template system
  • export to pdf
  • splitt image into tiles
  • convert avi to gif
  • new organisation of operators menus
    and more…

Interesting…
When new version of app will be available in HaikuDepot?
And why this app not resizable?

It is available if you add our repo server to haiku depot

I am working on, but does not found the best way for me. Smaler makes no sense.

HaikuDepot shows only 0.8-2 version,… but SoftwareUpdater seems can update to 0.9-1. Why HaikuDepot can not do that?
…And yours app About do not shows program’s version.

And why you sorted-grupped filters by alfabet not by function? I think sorting by function is more functional and more friendly for lacalizing app in the future.