HiQDock ... New Dock coming soon

Until I get around to fixing HiQDock to work with Qt5, we can ask @lelldorin to host the Qt 4 libs on his repo - I still have them installed.

1 Like

No problem hey68you

1 Like

Any news on HiQDock ?

@humungus

Any news on HiQDock ?

What are you asking - where to get it? or if the Qt4 lib is now available?

HiQDock itself should work on r1beta2 - tested on 64bit - (not tested on 32bit yet)

besly repo should have the Qt4 libs also (at least for 64 bit) and hopefully today should also have the 32bit Qt4 lib hpkg too.

type in the terminal >> pkgman add-repo Software <<
For 64BIT type in the terminal >> pkgman add-repo Software <<

1 Like

If you wish to use Qt4 you could still build it with the (removed) recipe/patchset at https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/commit/77bcfd62bf7efac3b79dd8589b9e423dbd025b4b
My guess is that you only need the base package?

Iā€™m not planning on rebuilding the executable at this time. The end user just needs the Qt4 libs installed on the system, but the Qt4 libs were removed from the HaikuPorts repos, so hopefully both the 32 and 64bit versions of the Qt4 lib packages are being hosted now on BeSly repo (but I havenā€™t checked yet)

What is stopping you from migrating to Qt5? Qt6 is due out within a year, we canā€™t stay on Qt4 foreverā€¦

6 Likes

@waddlesplashā€¦ Just time and real life ā€¦ but thanks for the push (and Iā€™m glad to see that thereā€™s interest)ā€¦and while I have your attention, this app really needs Haiku support for window compositing to allow transparent window backgroundā€¦ @looncraz :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@hey68you i will check this evening if the qt4 files are available. I am at work. I know that there have no entry on the repo website, but can be available using haikudepot with our repo added.

Maybe someone could help you porting? (Begasus?) I would ask him for help!?

Code wise I doubt I would be any help here, but thanks for the mention @brunobastardi :slight_smile:

Hi - I just set a clean VM of recent Haiku nightly 64bit and I updated.

Iā€™m trying to install HiQDock from Haiku depot (I added the http://software.besly.de/repo64).

I get this error in the screen shot. ā€œnothing provides lib:libcrypto>=1.0.0 needed by libqt4-4.8.7-10ā€
When I check the radio button for ā€˜Solution 1:ā€™ it just hangs and stays on status pending forever.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 3.53.35 PM

Please help.

2 Likes

This probably needs a rebuild for the new libraries, need to check it out (or someone who has time for it) :slight_smile:

It is closed source, iirc.

libQTdeclarative.so.4 is missing

Iā€™m not entirely sure, so take this with a grain of salt, but:

the libQt4 is also available at that repo. But the problem is that libQt4 also need libcrypto libs.

Apparently, that libs are provided by the OpenSSL packages from HaikuDepot. Try to install the openssl1.0 package.

Library hell in action. It will be nice to have each package mount in separate directory to allow installation different versions of the same package. I suggested that before.

In Linux GoboLinux and NixOS provide something similar.

2 Likes

doesnā€™t pkgkit already do that? in any case, libsolv needs to be fixed to allow this first.

No, all package files are currently merged and mapped in same directories like most Linux distros, inheriting all its problems. You can see it by looking at /boot/system/bin, /boot/system/lib.

Ok, i will try this evening

Sounds good. Need to be tested to install in a folder in system/libs/name_of_lib and creating a link into system/libs.

We need all libraries in single packages or a list of libs, there people can see there they are.