Haiku os test in my mini-pc

I guess that Atom CPU are more common in industry than among users. Therefore, they are less tested.
The video integrated is basic. Since it is using the vesa driver, it’s ‘normal’ to not have the native resolution; 1366*768 is not a vesa mode. Adding that mode manually in a vesa file may help.

1 Like

That’s not how things work. In VESA mode, the videocard provides a list of video modes, and we can pick from that list (by asking the card to set it, using a video mode number). If a mode is not there, we can’t use it. No amount of adding it to configuration files will change that.

The only way would be to patch the VESA BIOS to add extra video modes in there (or replace existing ones). This requires knowledge of the videomode format description used in that particular BIOS, finding the videomode table, and replacing some values in it. This is possible only on a few videocard models where the format has been identified and decoded, and it is not fully reliable (a BIOS update may change the format and break the patching). My attempts to implement this have not been widely succesful.

1 Like