HAIKU needs a MASCOT

I’m sorry but the bee is already the mascot for Atari TOS

4 Likes

I think the bee had more the background that it is yellow like the tabs and starts like Be.

The haiku is not called “Be” Operating System, this identification is no longer given and therefore makes no sense. Haiku is a short poem, so only something from Asia would fit, if at all bonsai tree, panda, Asian characters…

But why does haiku need a mascot? It helps with identification and on download sites you can see it faster if you know the mascot. But if there is just the haiku logo instead of an animal or other symbol, then it has the same effect in the end.

If at some point there should be a distribution that cannot be called haiku, that can be a part.

2 Likes

Fully agree with your whole reasoning @lelldorin !

So when you see a butterfly, you know that it is M$ OS?
I see your point about identification though. People who need that can already use the H with leave logo used for tee-shirts and stickers available on Freewear.

1 Like

Hey everybody!

I thought I’d share my 0.12 Dogecoin (Almost 2 cents). This is just personal opinion and nothing more.

I personally like that there is no Mascot. The H with the green leaf always seemed stately to me. I’ll be honest I wasn’t ever really that wild about the name Haiku but I am warming to it.

Now with that said there is an important reason for having a mascot and I think it’s alot different than most people would think. TuxKart. In order to be accepted into the game a project needs to be opensource and have a mascot that can concievably drive a kart. I think Haiku needs a representative for the sole purpose of being an asset in TuxKart. Silly I know! :slight_smile:

For this sole purpose I nominate the PowerUser. A couple of reasons:

1. He would be the first human in the game
  2. He seems pretty well-off meaning a luxury sports car is not out of the question
  3. The effort could be put into modelling the car, it could be wrapped with the H logo on the hood.

I really like Tux Kart and play it frequently with friends who were brought into Opensource because of being curious about the Mascots in the game!

-VR

1 Like

It should Be a Bee!

1 Like

BeeOS would have been a good name

3 Likes

What’s the point of a mascot if you can’t see the product when you look at it?

It is difficult to get a mascot for haiku as there is no animal or other fantasy figure that would suggest the word haiku.

As has been discussed many times before, a mascot would probably only make sense if used in conjunction with a distribution based on Haiku, reflecting its name.

The bee was funny at the time of Be OS, but it didn’t really fit there either, even though the name Bee was already similar to Be. But still better as a bee compared to a short poem.

1 Like

File_Person
My personal favourite name would be Baron but Walter will do.

4 Likes

Honestly, I think Haiku doesn’t need a mascot.

Currently, the “yellow leaf” is sufficiently representative of the operating system.

Many people already associate the “yellow leaf” with Haiku (myself included).

If one wants to create Haiku merchandise, it would be enough to create a plush “yellow leaf”, about 25 cm or so.

8 Likes

Autumn

Strawberry blond teenage girl

1 Like