Haiku 64bit on Ryzen

Hey, as waddlesplash pointed out, my problem is not using efi, but instead trying to legacy boot - I don’t even make it as far as being able to use safemode using legacy booting.

Yes, we are saying that you need to use a 64-bit Haiku and EFI boot, this works under Ryzen (I do it all the time on my new machine.)

1 Like

To be fair… that is a bug that should be fixed.

There is a ticket #16482 (https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/16482#no1) and according to this ticket, there is no working for RX460/480 or even 580 only Device ID’s added. This is a needed to do. :slight_smile:

Good day,

From Sept 2018, when the first Ryzen post was written until now, many things have changed in the Haiku universe.

Regarding Ryzen (only UEFI related):

• Mostly everything seems to work fine on B350M motherboards but the Realtek Gigabit ethernet, which is slow [17MB/s on Linux; 900KB/s on Haiku] (known issue)
  • Radeon RX560 and RX570 still have to go on Framebuffer - blacklisting driver in the ‘kernel’ settings file (known issue)
  • On multiboot, still no auto detecting of the hard drive with Haiku, have to manually select it. I set things so I can also choose the boot drive in BIOS, just in case GRUB turns nuts. (known issue)

Other than those, it’s been pretty stable so far. Compared to the first day I tried to install Haiku on BM back then… only the video safe mode option is needed.

Good work, Haiku devs!! Kudos!! :clap::clap::clap:

Regards,
RR

4 Likes

I’m running Haiku on 3700x, x570 (MSI Tomahawk + pci intel extreme net), nvme drives and other than Framebuffer driver and power save features, Haiku runs like a champ.

4 Likes

Like to see more feedback on these:

2 Likes