Flat Decorator and ControlLook

Hi @win8linux , for the decorator, try with the binaries in https://github.com/unarix/haiku_darkstyle/tree/master/FlatDecorator/objects.x86_64-cc8-release
only 64; Its not tested in 32bit yet.

The controlLook continues with issues, so i dont update the depot package yet until i can fix it.

1 Like

The decorator from GitHub works:
flatdecor

7 Likes

Excelent! try to redownload again… i just push last changes (the last pixel border in your version are always gray, in this vertion, fusions with the selected tab color).

2 Likes

flatdecor

6 Likes

I really, really love this. Your work is wonderfull. Really adds a nice touch to Haiku. I just want to ask. The controls when I select the “Flat” option don’t seem to change. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Thanks @DFergFLA! If you get the binaries from the repo, you need to restat tracker to see the changes. If you use the package from the depot, it will not work in BETA3.

The binaris in the repo for the decorator are stable, for the controllook sometimes cause fall in debugland (are for test only).

Copy&Paste the instruction for install:

Install of controlLook:

Copy the binary “FlatControlLook” (https://github.com/unarix/haiku_darkstyle/tree/master/FlatControlLook/objects.x86_64-cc8-release) in the path: “/boot/home/config/non-packaged/add-ons/control_look” (if not exist the folder, create it).

Restart

You need to restart the computer or quit “Deskbar” and “Tracker” services from “ProcessControler” (they will restart auto).

If in your case works ok, let me know! In my case breaks at the shutdown process.

2 Likes

Thank you, the difference is somewhat shubtle but I do believe I have it now. I really do like the look of what you have done here. Thanks

Flat Decor

There seems to be some kind of drawing bug with the grabber.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what this means?

KERN: runtime_loader: /boot/home/config/non-packaged/add-ons/control_look/FlatControlLook.o: Incorrect ELF header

Just a guess, but maybe wrong architecture or trying to mix 32 and 64 bit object files. Maybe try to clean your compile environment and try again.

The .o file is generated during the compilation but is not the final one to use. If you look at other ControlLook add-ons (I.e the BeControlLook) you will see that the system expect a .so file (actually it has no extension at all). At this time, @nhtello isn’t providing one on his GiHub page.

1 Like

Well that explains that. I wonder why there isn’t an .so file. Does anyone have a .so file for 64bit?

I just saw that Flatstyle package has been updated and is available in HaikuDepot.

To make it work, don’t forget to remove files that you might have in
/boot/home/config/non-packaged/add-ons/decorators &
/boot/home/config/non-packaged/add-ons/control_look

If you’re using Beta3, everything should work ok after a reboot.

If you’re using a nightly, it’s another story.
Due to the nature of nightlies, things might be different there. You may need to download new decorator binary from the Flatstyle GitHub page and put it in /boot/home/config/non-packaged/add-ons/decorators (Control_Look is working for now).

2 Likes

Stack and Tile:

When using the default or Be Decorator the Tab will change color when Stacking or Tiling windows together. This lets the use know that the two windows are close enought to each other. With the Flat Decorator this doesn’t happen, that Tab remains the same color making Stack and Tile difficult to use.

Thanks

Donald

Better post an issue on Flatstyle GitHub page, here it may be buried and forgotten with time.
Since it isn’t really a bug, add "Enhancement: " before the title of your issue.

Exactly! the reason there is no release version of the controlLook is because the actual code has “random” errors. I’m working during my free time to fix them (if i can :slight_smile: )

@DFergFLA thanks for the drawing bug that you find! I will see if I can reproduce that.

1 Like

@nhtello I’ve personally only seen it on Media Player for some reason. To reproduce, start an mp3, then resize the window. Now here is the really weird part. The issue doesn’t seem to occur for me if I am playing a video, only MP3. Then only if that MP3 doesn’t display artwork. Also, I’m using the Framebuffer driver on UEFI booting and VESA on an other BIOS booting system. Happens on both. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Also, thanks for working on this. I really do love it. It give my desktop a slight modern look/feel without going overboard. It’s great.

Thanks @DFergFLA i will take a look at it later. In the repo i just upload the bin of the controlLook, only for test! If you want you can look at it, in my case it is no longer giving errors.

1 Like

Thank you! It is exactly what I am also looking for, to give it a look a little more of these days.

1 Like

@nhtello Thanks, I picked up the Test Control Look from the git page. Very nice on some of the changes I’ve noticed. I double checked for the drawing issue I reported and that is still occuring. Just FYI. Also, I do have to switch back to the default decorator for Stack and Tile. Ya, I really do use that. It’s one of my favorite things in Haiku. But, I LOVE they direction this is going. I think it will be very nice when finished.

2 Likes