falkTX audio applications

I’ve just re-discovered the KXStudio softwares that has been evolved since the last time i’ve visited their website: https://kx.studio/

Even if are mostly linux-oriented (of course), the new approach could be useful for Haiku too.
The author - Filipe Coelho, aka falkTX - have “unpacked” its software into separate and independent modules thet sounds very interesting.

Cadence is a set of tools useful for audio production.
Cadence itself is also an application (the main one).
There are other applications that are part of the Cadence suite, they are usually named as the “Cadence tools”.
They are:

• Catarina is a Patchbay test app, created while the PatchCanvas module was being developed.
    It allows the user to experiment with the patchbay, without using ALSA, JACK or LADISH.
    You can save & load patchbay configurations too.

• Catia is a JACK Patchbay, with some neat features like A2J bridge support and JACK Transport.
    It’s supposed to be as simple as possible so it can work nicely on non-Linux platforms.

• Claudia is a LADISH frontend; it’s just like Catia, but focused at session management through LADISH.
    It has a bit more features than the official LADISH GUI, with a nice preview of the main canvas in the bottom-left.
    It also implements the ‘Claudia-Launcher’ add-application style for LADISH.

• Carla Carla is a fully-featured modular audio plugin host, with support for many audio drivers and plugin formats.
    It has some nice features like transport control, automation of parameters via MIDI CC and remote control over OSC.
    Carla currently supports LADSPA (including LRDF), DSSI, LV2, VST2, VST3 and AU plugin formats, plus SF2 and SFZ file support.
    It uses JACK as the default and preferred audio driver but also supports native drivers like ALSA, DirectSound or CoreAudio.

falkTX is the project leader of another interesting project:
DISTRHO is an open-source project that provides Cross-Platform Audio Plugins.

Our main target platform is Linux, but we support Windows and Mac too.

Our entire source code is available in GitHub: https://github.com/DISTRHO/

Third parties are welcome to share their code with us if they want to see a Linux port. Contact the project leader, falkTX, if you’re interested on this.

Hope that inspieres.

1 Like

Professional audio/video editing would be a nice opportunity for Haiku, but the people who working on Haiku and porting software currently have many - but less interesting - things to do under the hood to keep things rolling, and nobody have the capacity to port all-the-interesting-things ™, so if you want to make it happen, join to the HaikuPorts and start to work on it. We got cookies :slight_smile:

1 Like

exciting idea, but points also to an old problem: the lack of support for (semi/professional) audio hardware. i have not found a usable solution especially for mobile computers. of course i would like to support instead of »complain«, but i have no programming or porting skills :frowning: