Example code for 3rd party app development

Hi, i am not a pc programmer, but i start learn C-C++ and i have experiences with allegro and making simple games now i try to experiment with simple gui programs for Haiku and i start searching for examples.

I try to make program for sending texts over the network Copy on one Haiku and Paste on another PC.

I need some examples is here someone who can me post link to some Haiku example codes i find on github some beos examples :smiley:

here is my test witch i play this days,

thanks, haiku is fantastic OS, all in one i dont need install build-essential like in debian :smiley:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s DarkWyrmā€™s ā€œProgramming with Haikuā€ as an intro to coding with the Be/HaikuAPI. It predates Haikuā€™s layout management, though.

Of course, thereā€™s always the apps shipping with Haiku, apps and preferences. Another good resource are all the applications hosted at HaikuArchives.

3 Likes

I took the liberty to rename your thread to something more informative and, since itā€™s not off-topic at all, moved it into the ā€œDevelopment | Applicationā€ category. Cheers!

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Pasting from a parallel clipboard with middle-click

clipdinger is already quite handy. Did you try it?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pasting from a parallel clipboard with middle-click

clipdinger is nice, i dont know about it.

my idea is to get current text from clipboard and send it to another pc i dont know how do account system but is very big area to play with it, maybe will be good to have daemn who allways run and wait for incoming message. i have inspiration when i see one of the video by apple on the youtube about copy paste acros a devices

Can you elaborate on the kind of other PC where you want to paste the text? Would it be a PC in your personal network or a PC anywhere on the internet?
Maybe UploadIt Tracker Add-On could fill your need? Itā€™s quite simple but sufficient for sharing something when you donā€™t mind about privacy.

computer on the some network connected to one router, like you want copy link from browser and open it on tablet or another etc linux pc

Iā€™m not a programmer so donā€™t laugh at me. Perhaps you could look at the code for Warpinator from Linux Mint. It shares files across a local network and has apps for Linux, Win, MacOS, Android. Perhaps there is some inspiration in that code. There is also the Be / Haiku program BeShare that is a server / client model that may offer some inspiration.

To copy/paste URLā€™s I use IRC on different laptops.
For file sharing across the network you could use Gerbera (web interface)