Call for Haiku R1/Beta 3 Installer logo

I kept the r1/beta3 because it still felt appropriate. I used some filters to make the leaves just a bit more black then used an airbrush and a smudge tool to give it a watercolor yet pixelated look. I can still replace the “ribbon” however deemed appropriately.

black_leaves

1 Like

Totally agree
+1

1 Like

Yep. Like this better than my first try:

Haiku Installer Logo2

6 Likes

It will look a bit bad if the ribbon suddenly gets cut off though, right?

The ribbon could continue a bit to the right, I guess. At the bottom, it’s cut off by the grey options view.

Or: put the ribbon into the top left corner to avoid it being cut off by the right text view:

Haiku Installer Logo3

20 Likes

Here’s my take on win8linux’s idea!
HAIKU logo - black on white - r1b3

4 Likes

The white one is great ! I really appreciate it

Here are my logos!

HAIKU LOGO FOR R1 BETA3__WHITE ON BLACK

HAIKU LOGO FOR R1 BETA3__BLACK ON WHITE

1 Like

It’s missing the “R1” part, though.

Yeah, it could be added I guess. OTOH, there will probably be enough time between we hit R2/beta3 and R3/beta3 that nobody will be confused. :slight_smile:

Beta 3 is clear enough. Why using\mention R1?

R1= BeOs R5 replacement release!
BeOs5 R1 Beta3?

I like this best. It just needs a darker colour for the R1/beta3 text.

It’s not very clear, but I meant your original design, Humdinger. Simple is good.

Because after R1 it does not stop :slight_smile: After R1 the next big goal presumably will be R2, and thereikely will be a beta phase, giving a R2 Beta 1 etc.

4 Likes

This one is my personal favorite so far. It’s the most refined.

I’d like to see R1 in the image as I think “Beta 3” alone isn’t enough, but folks… keep in mind I’m trying to keep this is a community decision :slight_smile:. If y’all overwhelmingly prefer something without R1 in it, I don’t have a leg to stand on.

Correct. This was my thought on it. We’re going to have R1, R2, etc

2 Likes

This is for friends, i see.

I loose my time.

Not really sure why you would come to that conclusion. The submitted artwork will be voted on by the community. Yours is #2 on my personal favorite list.

Here goes our proposals! if its needed, we have the psd sources.

HAIKU-VERSION-1
HAIKU-VERSION-2
HAIKU-VERSION-3
HAIKU-VERSION-4
HAIKU-VERSION-5

3 Likes