Blender 2.81 is working on Haiku

Good news. I tested all of Haiku’s core distro 3D apps and screensavers without any KDL-related open/close windowing issues using Mesa 21.0.

Blender 2.79b/2.91.2/2.92.0, Stellarium 0.8.1, Godot 3.2,4rc1, DreamChess 0.3.0 - all work as expected.

mesa-20_haiku
blender-2.92_haiku

Note: GLInfo needs to cleanly terminate. Fix was in progress as of today…
mesa-opengl46_haiku

13 Likes

As expected, as expecteeeeeed… :wink:

I have to check the Scene files to verify that they are not corrupted, as Godot now stalls when trying to open a Scene therefore I can’t continue working on the project. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for your work on Godot @cocobean. :+1: :+1: :+1:
Regards,
RR

Haven’t you tested the Blender versions?

guys in case you are interested this is my theme for blender, (you will find more made by me) but this is the one I have worked on the most (in the tread there are thousands of themes anyway)

1 Like

Just to inform those who don’t know, blender is also a very powerful video editor and compositor and 2D cartoon creator nowaday (Can’t wait for a full hardware acceleration on haiku)

4 Likes

Another interesting video that demonstrates how blender competes with professional video composers such as After Effect and Nuke ( always for those who are not already aware of it. ):slight_smile:

5 Likes

2021-12-26_18-14

27 Likes