Blender 2.81 is working on Haiku

Where are that theme? i want it :V

I agree. Also Blender 2.79 and should be separately packaged. It is much faster when using software rendering and it is not fully compatible with latest version.

4 Likes

Good day @cosmogatokat,

If you refer to the Blender themes, you can set them in the user preferences. You can pick one of the available themes or create your own to match your Haiku theme :wink:

Regards,
RR

#sent from the pimped laptop :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to try, you can install Blender 2.92 from my repository with experimental packages - http://haikuware.ru/ . For Haiku nightly builds only!
After adding this repo, you need to update the packages (mesa 21final and sdl2) for Blender to work correctly.

Good idea. But this will be possible after the release of Haiku Beta3.

4 Likes

This is your screenshot from 11 years ago :slight_smile: from qube.ru:

8 Likes

How to do this?
Using HaikuDepot or do I have to compile the files on HaikuPorts by myself?
In HaikuDepot and in your repository there are no packages (mesa 21final and sdl2)?
Very exited to try blender on Haiku

1 Like

Add repo: pkgman add-repo http://haikuware.ru/repo/lote
Update: pkgman update or from HaikuDepot->Update - mesa, sdl2 and qthaikuplugins updated automaticaly
Install Blender29: pkgman install blender29 or from HaikuDepot

1 Like

It’s HaikuDepot bug

From the terminal all packages are normally visible: pkgman sea mesa

2 Likes

Ah yes thanks very much, I found out by myself already and tried.
It is working. Blender 2.9 does not render here.
But old Blender 2.79 is working just nice and fast, much faster as 2.92 does.
Beautiful work and nice to play with Blender now in Haiku.

Does this affect some othere sdl programs as well?

Great, now we have to wait for the Haiku Beta 3 release…

1 Like

Does this affect some othere sdl programs as well?

Yep, it solves the problem with drawing the mouse in sdl2 games, custom bitmap cursors also work.

PS: I also just uploaded version Blender 2.8.13 (blender28)
All versions 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9 can be installed together.

3 Likes

http://haikuware.ru/package_list.php?repo=lote

2 Likes

Good day @3dEyes,

I’m checking out Blender 2.92, it does run, and without weird font issues on windows as I was getting before.

And it doesn’t produce a crash when quitting. It’s just “slow” on screen, when moving around/editing. In fact, 2.79 is quite usable and smooth, 2.8 and 2.9 are not that smood :wink: Nonetheless, I certainly can use it too!

And this is a plus too:
blender

Thanks again! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Regards,
RR

2 Likes

Good day,

Testing Blenders and here 2.79 and 2.9:
screenshot1

2.9 on the left, 2.7 on the right, showing the Player of Aro V1.2 on 2.9, and Player of Aro V1.0 on 2.7. Colors on 2.7 are not the ones they should be, but everything is there. No textures applied though in this screenshot.

Nice improvements!
Regards,
RR

1 Like

Good news. I tested all of Haiku’s core distro 3D apps and screensavers without any KDL-related open/close windowing issues using Mesa 21.0.

Blender 2.79b/2.91.2/2.92.0, Stellarium 0.8.1, Godot 3.2,4rc1, DreamChess 0.3.0 - all work as expected.

mesa-20_haiku
blender-2.92_haiku

Note: GLInfo needs to cleanly terminate. Fix was in progress as of today…
mesa-opengl46_haiku

13 Likes

As expected, as expecteeeeeed… :wink:

I have to check the Scene files to verify that they are not corrupted, as Godot now stalls when trying to open a Scene therefore I can’t continue working on the project. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for your work on Godot @cocobean. :+1: :+1: :+1:
Regards,
RR

Haven’t you tested the Blender versions?

guys in case you are interested this is my theme for blender, (you will find more made by me) but this is the one I have worked on the most (in the tread there are thousands of themes anyway)

1 Like

Just to inform those who don’t know, blender is also a very powerful video editor and compositor and 2D cartoon creator nowaday (Can’t wait for a full hardware acceleration on haiku)

4 Likes

Another interesting video that demonstrates how blender competes with professional video composers such as After Effect and Nuke ( always for those who are not already aware of it. ):slight_smile:

5 Likes

2021-12-26_18-14

27 Likes