BadWolf Web Browser

photo_2022-11-22_18-20-10

Install brotli_devel

Thank you… can you share the config.mk too?

I will share the config.mk, and create a list of pkgs that are required too. However, it might be a day or two before I get a chance as I’ve installed and built various pkgs so I don’t have a fresh install currently.

:slight_smile: ok compiled… thank you again

4 Likes

Here is the list of packages needed to compile and build badwolf browser. I did a fresh install of Haiku, and installed all packages needed for badwolf browser. I also took a screenshot of my config.mk (note this was edited after running configure. You can also change these values in the config file.

Here’s the packages I installed (their dependencies will also be installed)

webkit_gtk & webkit_gtk_devel
gtk3_devel
sqlite3_devel
libpsl_devel
nghttp2_devel
libsoup3_devel
libsoup_devel
brotli_devel

4 Likes

I’ve already built it after i ran "pkg-config webkit2gtk-4.1 --print-requires" several times to find out what the indirect deps are. then it’s just ./configure --prefix=path CFLAGS=-fPIC as usual.

1 Like

This should not happen but somebody forgot / missed to declare a dependency somewhere. Open a ticket at HaikuPorts.

HP should not just check the runtime dependencies of the binaries but also check the .pc files aswell.

There is this fork too… GitHub - aarnt/lrrh: Another tiny & fast & functional WebKitGTK browser

2 Likes

Thanks for link! I much prefer lrrh, as it uses larger fonts by default.

2 Likes

There is more… dark mode (F4), kiosk mode (F11), middle mouse click to open hyperlinks on new tabs, Ctrl+Z Translate selected text to the user system LANG using Google Translator and Gemini/Gopher protocol support… do you know a way to make the download icon set on the UI?

2 Likes

http://0x0.st/oUuS.zip

Some small corrections, added a animesque lil red riding hood

13 Likes

Those icons are awesome!

12 Likes

Kudos @Beck and @zuMi! :it:

3 Likes

I did another fresh install, as I made a couple quick hpkgs and wanted to test them. Both badwolf and lrrh defaulted to small text size (9).

Not wanting to play with schema settings or build tweak tool, or dconf-editor, I decided to take a quick look at badwolf 1.2.2 source code.

In the config.h file, I changed the minimum font size from 9 to 13 and then did another build. the build was with larger fonts.

2 Likes

How about a link to the source code?

A quick search revealed Log - badwolf - minimalist and privacy-oriented web browser based on WebKitGTK if that’s what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Midori and Ephemeral browsers:

13 Likes

I thought Midori switched to electron?