Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2023)

Yes! But sound doesn’t work. And there is no full screen.

There is a -A flag for sound, but it sounds terrible.
(I recently found a more updated version, I am going to try to port it.)

Quick note: I’ve just done the Brazilian Portuguese translation and there is no direct translation to the word ‘diff’, so I used ‘compare’ instead. If you prefer the word diff, I could update the strings into something equivalent to ‘perform a diff’.

2 Likes

Using a native word for “Diff” is an excellent idea, I think, and was done for several languages. After all, many of PonpokoDiff’s users may not be familiar with the CLI tool “diff”.
Just everyone thinking about doing the same: keep it short, because it’s a button label.

Thanks for your translation! I’ll give it some time before doing a v0.4.1 to see if more translations trickle in or anyone spots a bug…

1 Like

Romanian and Russian translations of PonpokoDiff are ready.

1 Like

While playing around with it here, I think it is time to give it to the public, KMyMoney, not sure everything is working as expected, but while doing some basic actions it looks nice for a personal finance manager.
Now in the depot (64bit only).

9 Likes

Awesome! I will give it a good rundown. It is my primary financial software in Linux and Windows.

2 Likes

Thanks! You may run into issues, I can only test some small things, keep us informed :slight_smile:

EDIT, take into account that Haiku isn’t the best to store personal information (security wise), but atleast it’s here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A tiny little applet, WorkspaceNumber:

screenshot

WorkspaceNumber is a Deskbar replicant to display the current workspace number.

Left-click the icon to open the Workspaces applet.
Use the mouse-wheel while hovering over the icon to switch through the workspaces.

16 Likes

Cool. I love it. Could be a default App/Deskbar replicant in Haiku.

I don’t like the idea.
It is ok if we have it in HaikuDepot to choose from.
The less on the Desktop than better!

It coul go to Deskbar/Desktop applests

3 Likes

The Workspaces app can already be installed in DeskBar, but it shows a tiny preview of the workspaces, which doesn’t work great if you have many of them. Maybe we could replace it with this?

5 Likes

Do any of you remember WorkspaceSwitcher? That was a powerful little app. http://pulkomandy.tk/~beosarchive/unsorted/svalka.freenet59.ru/BeOS/Desktop/Workspace/WorkspaceSwitcher2.2.zip

I use it in the deskbar and just make my desktops 1 row so it takes up a whole row in the deskbar, then use it for switching. Can’t use it in the same way as the replicant/main window but I do like it this way.

6 Likes

That would be nice as additional option, too.

Everyone, feel free to open new threads, and keep this one on track: announcements.

1 Like

Dillo(plus), a basic webbrowser build with FLTK.

Don’t expect any major changes here, this is a very BASIC browser, and you will run into issues when trying to access modern websites. Nevertheless, nice to be able to show our FLTK port is up to it’s job! :slight_smile:

Kudos to @coolcoder613 for the initial idea and patch!

10 Likes

OK, let’s not forget our own Applications or the libraries involved here.
@PulkoMandy pushed a fix to haikuwebkit that solves the crashing issue earlier, thanks there! (and all that are involved) :ok_hand:

8 Likes

the “STOP” error in StreamRadio :four_leaf_clover:

with the new release !! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello, it’s time for anotehr update in Renga, the XMPP chat client for Haiku!

Since version v1.24 back in may, I made the following changes:

• Account passwords are now stored safely in BKeyStore instead of cleartext in the settings file
  • Multiple accounts can be saved in the settings file
  • Use the Renga icon instead of the lightbulb everywhere (following XEP-0263 ECO-XMPP recommendation)
  • Allow use of Renga without creating an account in ‘anonymous mode’, join the Renga channel automatically then so you have some place to start chatting
  • Improve error handling in case of failed login or server connection (go back to the login page and show an error message)
  • Fix SCRAM for channel binding with TLS 1.3 connections
  • XEP-0402 bookmarks are now fully supported
  • The main chat view was replaced by Stippi’s new TextView. No functional changes, it should look identical to the previous one mostly, but it opens for future developments such as message corrections and retractation, MAM, and message reactions (I will try to work on these for the next version)
  • Hovering on links in the chat view shows a linkmouse cursor, and right click shows a popup menu where you can easily copy the link
  • Move out of GitHub, Renga is now hosted on my personal Gerrit/Trac instance
  • Fix various crashes

I hope you find it useful! Looking forward to chatting with you all! (I already use it also with an IRC gateway to reach Haiku IRC channels).

21 Likes