A dark theme for ThemeManager

offtopic: how did u manage to bake-up that awesome “dark mode” in the GUI? I love it and I would like to replicate it, if i can.

2 Likes

Good day @TheClue,

The theme uses Roired’s (the marketing name for game dev) colors in DarkMode, there is another “light mode” I switch to when using some QT apps, as they don’t abide the Haiku directives regarding menu coloring.

If you really want to use it, I can provide you with the ThemeManager folder of this “RoiredDark” theme. Remember that if you use certain QT apps menu text will be black on black background, which is a bit hard to read. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Regards,
RR

yes please :hugs:

Well, here it is(should I make it available on GitHub or other place?):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/90jhs1ryfivzida/AAB8VoIcbmKPpr3XfU5JPZ_Xa?dl=0
Inside the Haiku folder there is a file RoiredUIThemes.zip that hold the Roired and RoiredDark themes folders.

Please let me know if you find any issues in order to fix them. Enjoy! :wink:

Regards,
RR

2 Likes

You can keep the same theme when using Qt apps.
The only thing to do is to change the widget style used by Qt apps using Qt Configurator.
Beside haiku widget style, you have Fusion and Windows widget styles always available.
If you want more (Cleanlooks, Motif, Plastique & CDE) you can install qtstyleplugins package.
Your choice made, you have to close Qt Configurator and restart the app before the change takes effect.
If it doesn’t work after that, it is probably because the app has its own setting. Set that one to ‘Default’, 'System Style” or similar to make it follow the choice made in Qt Configurator.

You could do a PR at mmu_man’s theme repo:

2 Likes

Good day @Starcrasher,

Yep, I was aware of that. The theme is just some color changes, nothing to do with modifying the tabs or whatever. With Qt apps, I have them set to use Haiku theme, so they use the theme I had selected in Haiku. Problem is with menu texts:
Menus

As we see here, Haiku applications have a white text menu, while Qt application has black text menu, and AFAIK, can’t change that, can’t change Qt application menu texts to white. :thinking:

Regards,
RR

3 Likes

Good day @humdinger,

Thanks for the tip. Will do! :grinning:

Regards,
RR

That looks like a bug in the Qt theme for Haiku. You should file a bug at https://github.com/threedeyes/qthaikuplugins so @3dEyes can look into it.

Thanks @waddlesplash, will do.

Regards,
RR

menu color mapping is already on the long to do list… It’s in first issue named Bugs and features.

Good day @Starcrasher, @waddlesplash,

Right, the “bug” has already been reported. Then just need to wait.

Regards,
RR

Done.
Thanks @humdinger

Regards,
RR

1 Like

Thanks I merged the PR, I’ll update the package later on.

1 Like

s we see here, Haiku applications have a white text menu, while Qt application has black text menu, and AFAIK, can’t change that, can’t change Qt application menu texts to white

Fixed - QtHaikuPlugins: bump version (fix menubar text color) · haikuports/haikuports@57fc967 · GitHub

4 Likes

Thanks, menu themselves are still using wrong colours but it already helps a lot.

which colors are wrong? I will fix it.

1 Like

Qt menu background use panel background colour instead of menu background colour.
Qt menu elements are using document text colour instead of menu item colour
Qt menu elements selected background is fine
Qt menu elements selected text is using list selected item text colour instead of menu selected item text colour.
That’s for app menus but drop dow menushave same problem.

The decorator doesn’t really look good. We should really use shine/or other defined changeable color instead of using TINTING*. Especially MAX versions break in dark based themes.

Qt menu background use panel background colour instead of menu background colour.

fixed

Qt menu elements are using document text colour instead of menu item colour

fixed

Qt menu elements selected text is using list selected item text colour instead of menu selected item text colour.

fixed

That’s for app menus but drop dow menushave same problem.

fixed

PS: Submenu arrow is drawn using the ControlLook now.

6 Likes