Zim Wiki Port

Hi. This is my first conversation
I use Linux on my home computers and I have switched to Haiku one of my laptops (Lenovo 440). I am very impressed by Haiku and am enjoying the experience of using it.
On Linux I have been using Zim Wiki (Zim - a desktop wiki) as my note taker for many years and I find it very effective and by far the best of its kind. Is there anyone who could port this to Haiku please? It is written in python but I do not have the Haiku skills to be able to do this myself. I think that it is a gui probem and the python setup is asking for the ‘gi’ module, but I would very much appreciate any help on this or, preferably, someone more capable addressing it (I a learniing Python at the moment). In my view Zim Wiki would be a valuable addtion to the software repository.
(Just to say, TuxCards, which is in the repository, is not a replacement for Zim. It does not have the functionality, did not work properly when I tried it 10+ years ago and does not work now)
Thanks
Remaining hopeful
Alan

1 Like

The gi module are python GObject bindings, and I see there’s a pygobject package in haikuports, so pkgman install pygobject should solve that. You’ll have to hunt down other dependencies that Zim may need. From the web page, it would seem the absolute minimum is python3 (which you already have), pygobject and gtk3, but you may also want pillow and whatever turns up when you try again.

1 Like

Thanks for this quick response - much appreciated.
I will work through this over the weekend.
:slightly_smiling_face: