Yoga A940 All in One Desktop

I’ve been waiting for this one to go on sale because I’m hoping it will be a good modern Haiku machine. Well, it went on sale today so I ordered it. Just thought I’d post it here in case anyone else wanted to take a look. I have no idea how long the sale will last, but I’ve seen it come and go from time to time.

Lenovo

Yoga A940 All in One Desktop

starting at:

$1,583.99

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/ideacentre/yoga-a-series/Yoga-A940-27ICB/p/FFYGF900316

My current Haiku machine is several years old with a i5. The new A940 I ordered has an i9, so I’m curious to see what kind of performance increase it has once I get it up and running.

The machine arrived. I’m not up and running yet. After disabling secure boot, I was able to choose the USB disk as the boot drive. The boot process continues but gets stuck on the final rocket icon.

I tried using VESA graphics as well as enabling the safe boot option. So far, it still gets stuck on the final rocket icon at boot.

If anyone knows what other options may be good to try, I would appreciate the help. I’ll keep seeing if I can get the combination correct and get the system to boot.

Go into the Haiku Boot Loader during boot.

1. During boot, press the spacebar a few times.
  2. Select Safe Mode Options. (Main Menu)
    a. Enable Safe Mode (i.e. if all else fails)
    b. Enable Use fail safe graphics driver.
  3. Select debug options. (Main Menu)
    a. Enable on screen debug output
  4. Select Continue booting. (Main Menu)

You should see a syslog output page on your screen of the boot process. Take pictures of the screen of each syslog page for debugging purposes. Look for error and warning messages in the output.

Example of syslog info:
mapping local APIC at…
CPU x: …
PCI: …

UEFI or Legacy Boot?

UEFI (adding more characters so it will let me post the answer)