Something really has to be done about this…!
I’ve been avoiding updating because it’s so frustrating, but I decided it was really about time!
Doing a full udate was too daunting, so I just tried “pkgman update haiku”. Three times.
The first time it got through the x86 Haiku package (6.47MB), then apparently thought it had got a full gcc2 package (at 6.22MB), but the checksum was bad – not surprising, as I think it’s supposed to be 44 MB or so!
The second and third tmes it didn’t even get that far. Just stalled completely. The problem doesn’t seem to be at my end. I can ping my ISP and beyond without any sign of difficulty. (It is DSL, so it’s slow at the best of times.)
Adrien asked me over a month ago to check a fix he made, but there’s no way I can do that ATM. Day to day I’m still using my 4-year old partition, because it does most things I need better that the latest one I’ve been able to install.
ADDENDUM: For comparison, I just downloaded a 22MB file (with wget) from another site, and it was smooth as silk…