Who do I see about updating the installation guide

I was reading the installation guide and realized that part of it needed to be updated. This page (Making a Haiku USB Stick | Haiku Project) in particular. In the Windows section, it says that

Note that ImageWriter for Windows is considered experimental (alpha) software by it’s own author. Be sure to read the README.txt file included with the software.

ImageWriter hit version 1.0 earlier this year, so I don’t think it’s alpha anymore. In fact, the README, says

This program is Beta, and has no warranty. It may eat your files,
call you names, or explode in a massive shower of code. The authors take
no responsibility for these possible events.

Also, the link on the instruction goes to :Launchpad. They have an account on SourceForge, as well. Win32 Disk Imager download | SourceForge.net

Hope this gets to the right people.

Also, the link on the instruction goes to :Launchpad. They have an account on SourceForge, as well.

Actually, they officially moved to SourceForge in 2012, so we should indeed point to their official host site.

Regarding alpha vs beta, well, we at Haiku-OS project don’t really make any difference between them :wink: but, yeah, if they says its now beta, let’s say that too.
I would still fear a massive shower of code threat, though.

Anyway, thank for your notice.

Changes to the website can be suggested as pull-requests at GitHub. You up for it, @johnblood?

@phoudoin: it’s always “Haiku”, never “Haiku-OS”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can do that. It will make feel like I’m actually contributing, instead of having someone else do it for me.

Very good, get your hands dirty. :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

it’s always “Haiku”, never “Haiku-OS”. :slight_smile:

Ooops.